Chapter 62

“So definitely ‘My First Kiss’ then?” Dan confirms after we all vote. Reid complained that the Adele song was too whiny, Caleb and Dan agreed and I didn’t really mind.

“So why don’t we all tell each other what we can do, like our strengths in what we do?” Caleb suggests.

“Yeah, okay so I do drama, obviously,” he waves his hand around and his over sized watch turns on his limp wrist, “And I also love organising and planning, like, you should see my room it’s full of lists of things and stuff.”

“Cool, so you’d be good with time management and stuff?” I ask.

“Yeah, for sure,” he laughs.

“Great. I do dance and I love choreography, especially flash mobs I absolutely love choreographing flash mobs,” Caleb tells us, sitting calmly in his chair unlike Dan who’s sitting making mind maps for each person. 

“I pretty much do music, just music,” I say, keeping it simple. I don’t want to make a fuss.

“You sing,” Reid says. 

“How’d you know?” I ask.

“You make youtube videos, but they’re not videos because it’s just your voice,” his offhanded tone tells me he doesn’t like the videos. 

“Are you good?” Dan asks me.

“Um, I mean I get a few likes and stuff,” I shrug.

“A few? Your last one had like four thousand three hundred and fourty seven,” Reid adds. 

“Stalker,” Caleb says quietly to me. 

“It’s not stalking, I just remembered the number because I couldn’t believe how high it was,” Reid retaliates, emotionless. 

“So you sing then?” Dan turns towards me, ignoring Reid. 

“Uhm, yeah.”

“That’s great so we don’t need to spend ages looking for a singer,” Dan smiles.

“She dances too,” Reid speaks up from behind his fingers playing with his lip ring.

“You do?” Caleb leans forward, expecting me to start talking about dance.

“How the hell do you know these things?” I lean on the table towards Reid opposite me, “’Cause that is kind of weird seeing as I don’t tell anyone anything.”

“I have a friend that knows a friend of yours and that friend put up a video of you and your mate doing a really lovey-dovey dance together, not going to lie I found it quite moving,” Reid sarcastically pretends to wipe a tear from his eye and then crosses his arms. 

“Who?”

“If you had facebook, you’d know but ‘cause you’re a snob who likes twitter you’re probably never going to find out,” Reid says.

“Alright Reid,” Caleb chips in. 

“It’s fine, he’s joking,” I say, thinking of our conversation yesterday. 

“Yeah Caleb, don’t go sticking your nose into other people’s conversations and inside jokes like that,” Reid messes with his hair then fixes it. 

“Calling someone a snob isn’t really a great inside joke and seeing as we’re all sitting at this table together, I’d say we’re all part of this conversation,” Caleb says flatly. 

“Alright whatever you say hard man,” Reid puts his hands up sarcastically. 

For a second I think Caleb might throw a punch at Reid but I’m happy he doesn’t. Reid might look muscley but if it came to it, Caleb is probably ten times stronger. Caleb just shakes his head slightly.