Chapter 27

Harry’s POV 

“It doesn’t sound right at all” Liam sighs.

“Its not thick enough without Louis” I say. We’ve taken the fifteen minutes we have before everyone starts performing for Simon and Sanitta and used it trying to get ourselves comfortable with singing without Louis. It isn’t going very well and it just feels like there’s a hole in the performance and we’re all falling through it. 

We have to keep talking to the cameras and saying how much we’re just hoping he can make it back on time. Preferably with his foot fixed. 

We are told to move from behind the bushes where we were practicing because its too close to where the actual performances will be starting in a minute so we go and sit on the front steps of the house and try to calm each other down. We know what we’re going to sing, it might not sound as good as we would have with Louis but there’s no point in going over and over it. 

“Is this him?” Zayn says looking over at the black car rolling into the driveway. 

“Yeah” I say when Tara steps out and helps Louis. He’s hobbling really badly but at least he’s here. 

We all run up to him and give him a massive group hug.

“Nice to see you” He smiles.

“Thank God you’re here” Niall says. The cameras film all of this and I feel like I’m in a reality show. But I actually am, that’s weird. 

“What was it?” Zayn asks, we never actually found out what he’d caught his foot on. 

“Sea urchin” Louis tells us, he twists his leg so we can see his foot clearly.

“Ouch” I say, its massively swollen and looks extremely painful. But its good to see Louis is smiling through it. 

“Are we going to go and rehearse then?” Louis smiles. 

“Yeah come on, we’ll carry you” Zayn offers. I take one side and he takes the other, Liam and Niall hold his legs.

“I feel like I’m on a throne” Louis laughs “All hail king Louis” I just think of king Louie from the Jungle Book when he says that, I’m such a child sometimes. 

“Boys you can stay round here to practice for a bit and I’ll come and get you when Simon is ready” Tara tells us when she leads us round the corner “Have your flip flops back Louis and be careful” she tosses the flip flops to Louis and he promises to keep his foot safe. 

“This sounds so much better now” Liam says, Louis’ smile grows on his face. 

“Yeah it sounded so weird without you earlier” Niall says.

“Thanks boys” Louis smiles. 

“You ready?” Tara asks, popping her head round the corner of a hedge. We all stand up and have one last group hug before we follow Tara to where Simon and Sanitta are sitting underneath a fancy umbrella by the pool. 

We get handed our microphones and Tara wishes us luck before nudging us out in front of them. Niall walks out first and I follow him, Zayn and Liam follow me with Louis shuffling along behind.

“Hi boys” Simon smiles, we all kind of give shy little ‘hellos’ back. “Ah I can see which one got stung” he’s staring at Louis’ foot. He asks him how he did it and if it was painful.

“Very very painful” Louis says, I can tell he’s in pain, he hasn’t talked much and that’s unusual for him. Sanitta ‘awhs’ at him.

“You alright now?” Simon asks.