Chapter 37

I leave the room and shut the door behind me. What the hell did I just see? Why was Cher half dressed wearing one of Harry’s hoodies? I knew I had to leave the room before I cried, or screamed or something in front of the two of them.

My mind obviously jumps to conclusions, they had sex and that’s why she was in the wearing his clothes and in her pyjamas. 

I reach the bottom of the stairs silently and collapse into Louis’ arms as he’s the closest person I trust. 

“What happened?” he asks, sounding shocked at my sudden outburst.

“He, Cher I just don’t know” I cry. 

“Shh” he rubs my back as Tara runs over. 

Next thing I know I’m left on my own in Tara’s office. I calm down a little bit, stop crying and blow my nose on a floral tissue from the desk.

I knew something like this would happen. I knew I couldn’t compete with the millions of other girls after him now. But why her? 

A small part of me holds onto the fact that this could be all just a misunderstanding. That maybe she’d spilt something down her top and her bathroom wasn’t working so she had to use Harry’s and Harry being a gentleman offered her a jumper. 

Bullshit. 

I’d hoped that we could make this work, we could stay together and not be affected by the distance, or the fame. But obviously not.

I sit with my knees hunched up to my chin sitting on the floor. I hear a slight knock on the door before a very sad-looking Harry walks in. My eyes fall to the floor and I try to stop myself from crying in front of him.

“Becky?” 

“That’s my name” I bluntly reply. 

“It wasn’t what it looked like” 

“Wasn’t it?” I look straight up at his eyes “Because it looked pretty clear to me” 

“No, I can explain”

“You could have explained when I walked in but go ahead, please do enlighten me before I leave” 

“It wasn’t what it looked like” he repeats, his eyebrows are scrunched together as if he’s really thinking through what he wants to say.

“Well?” Its taking him too long to thing of an excuse, clearly it was what it looked like. 

“I was just like, sitting there on Niall’s bed and she just walked in wearing my hoodie so I was all like where the hell did she even get it from” he breathes, I still avoid eye contact until I know I’m stable enough not to cry “But then she started like looking at herself in that long mirror and like unzipping her top” 

“Okay” I scrunch my eyes up and try to stop him from continuing. I can tell where this is going and I really don’t want to have him explain it to me. 

“No, it wasn’t like that” he protests “Why do you just expect me to have cheated on you?” he asks “Because I didn’t and you, well I thought you know that I wouldn’t” 

“You’re not helping yourself by saying she was unzipping your hoodie in front of you” my voice raises slightly with his.

“I was just telling you what happened” he takes a deep breath and tries to control his anger, just like I am doing.

“I don’t think I want to know what happened do I?” 

“Nothing happened!” he cries.

“You just said you were telling me what happened but if nothing happened there would be nothing to tell!”