Chapter 52

“You shouldn’t really be eating cake we’re about to do some vocal warm ups,” Yvie, the vocal trainer comments as I share the cupcakes with the boys. I panic in case she’s angry with me.

“Would you like one?” I do my best smile and hold the cakes out towards her, hoping I’ll win her over.

“Oh go on then,” she smiles, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” I say.

“Did you make these?” she asks me.

“Yeah, Harry helped,” I tell her, looking over to Harry who’d on his fourth cake this morning. It’s only 8:30 and the boys have already had a meeting about what songs they‘d be doing in the final. Oh my gosh the final. 

“Did he really?” she pretends to be shocked and gives him a thumbs up, he just laughs.

“Yeah, what I mean by ‘helped’ is, he dropped a bowl of flour onto the floor then managed to get the mixture all over the kitchen,” I tell her.

“That sounds more like him,” she laughs. 

“It was a nightmare,” I joke.

“Usually we wouldn’t allow people into the rehearsals but because you brought cakes, you can stay Becky,” she laughs, I thank her and take a seat in the corner. 

Throughout the session, I watch the boys as they do all sorts of interesting warm ups and they get introduced to their song arrangements. Throughout the morning I stare at Harry and think back to last night, it was amazing, again. It’s strange to think that a few months ago I’d never have thought about being able to see Harry again, let alone having sex with him. 

It was better than last time because we both knew what we were doing a bit more than last time, although we are still learning. 

Simon walks in half way through and chats to the boys about how they think the songs are working, the first song is a longer version of Torn that they sang at judges houses. That performance literally killed me and hearing them sing it today almost brings me to tears. 

“Go on then boys, let me hear it,” Simon sits next to me, giving me a smile. The boys sing Torn and he turns to face me, “How long have you known Mr cheeky chappy then?”

“Our moms were best friends so we’ve known each other since we were little,” I smile. 

“That’s sweet,” he smiles back. He has a strange calmness about him that puts me at ease in his presence, I thought it would be terrifying to talk to him but I was wrong.

“They sound amazing,” I comment.

“Yeah, they’re something special they are, they’ve got a future…” he trails off as if he’s deep in thought so I just nod even though he’s not looking at me.

“Did you like it?” Harry asks at the end.

“Very good boys, you get on with practicing your winners’ single,” he says before leaving the room, giving me a slight nod. 

“5 minutes break boys, don’t eat any more cakes,” Yvie smiles before collecting the sheets of music from the piano and piling them up.

“Did you like it?” Harry sits next to me, wraps his arm around the back of my chair and kisses my cheek.

“Of course, I literally almost cried,” I tell him and he kisses my cheek again, “Especially at your part, I felt like my heart just flipped right out of my chest.”

“That sounds painful,” Louis laughs, he sits on the floor in front of us and swirls a bottle of water in his hand.

“I’m so excited for you coming to Wolverhampton, it’s going to be so good,” I tell them, all of the boys pull chairs up and we discuss what they’re singing at the gig until Yvie calls them back to sing their winners’ single.