Chapter 19

Harry’s POV

“I think we’ve got that spot on boys” Liam says as we finish singing torn for the billionth time. 

“Yeah, one more time though” Louis says, I don’t really mind singing it again but we’ve definitely got it perfect. 

We’ve sorted out all of the parts and the ‘ooh’s and everything and its sounding really good. 

“Do you want to go for a swim?” I suggest after a while of sitting eating Pringles.

“What there‘s a pool?” Niall says, I haven’t shown them the pool yet

“Yeah round the corner by the front drive” I tell them. “My dad said it is heated and ready”

“Well yeah then I guess” Zayn says, everyone else nods. 

“Just wear your boxers if you haven’t got trunks, I can’t be bothered to fetch mine” I say, we all take our clothes off and hastily walk out into the cold air. stepping on the pebbles we make our way round to the pool, feeling the hard stones underneath our feet is so uncomfortable. I wind the cover off the pool and check the temperature of the water, its lukewarm. “Who’s in first?” I say.

“Me!” Louis shouts and jumps into the pool while everyone else stands still, shivering in the cold. “Boys, its warm come on” he says. I jump in after him and pull a bright pink football ball in with me. Liam and Zayn jump in next followed by Niall. 

“Wait we forgot to think of a name” Zayn says.

“For what?” I ask

“The group you idiot” Liam laughs. 

“Oh yeah we didn’t think about that” Louis says. 

I pull the holder for the cover over the middle of the pool and we play volleyball in the pool, Liam, Zayn and I on one side and Niall and Louis on the other. 

“I literally cannot think of a name” Niall sighs after about 20 minutes of ball throwing. 

“Me neither, this footballs a funny shape” Louis says, examining the ball.

“Yeah I know I was sitting on it for a long time a few months ago and it’s never been the same” I laugh.

“It doesn’t fly straight” Louis says, throwing the ball over the cover. 

“I know” I say, catching it with both hands. “You just have to make sure that because the wind is going in one direction, you make sure the curvey bit is against it” I try to explain. One direction sounded cool when I said it, maybe that could be a good name.

I spend the rest of the day thinking about how ‘one direction’ would look on paper and how the Xfactor voice over man would sound saying it. I don’t tell the boys yet because I think it might sound stupid. It would make sense though, because we all entered the competition with one goal, to make a career out of singing. We all had one dream. We’re all heading in one direction.

At around half four we all get out of the pool and head into my dad’s house for dinner, my dad cooked it early because we’re going to see Manchester United play at the Etihad in a bit, I’m excited. 

I text Becky about our day and she says it sounds fun, I ask her about what she thinks would be a good group name and how can we think of one. She just says she has no idea but it needs to sound cool. Great advice there. 

Becky’s POV 

“Hola” I smile as I walk through the doors to the hall in the community centre, Lee is sitting next to the speakers holding a bottle of water.

“Hey can you warm up?” he says, I nod and start doing stretches in the middle of the hall. “we need to figure out that middle bit with the lift” 

“Yeah the swirl one?” I say as I lunge. 

“Yeah, I’ve just been running through it and I don’t know how it’s going to fit with getting down in time to start again” Lee shakes his head.

“We’ll sort it” I smile, adjusting my loose top back on my shoulders, I shouldn’t bother really it’ll just fall down again. It’s a good job I have a strappy top underneath. 

“Right, lets go” he says, getting up and shaking his hands before pressing play. 

Heartbeat begins to play and we go through what we choreographed last week, stopping in the middle until we catch up with ourselves for the next chorus. Its still a bit unfinished but the ideas are there.

“Its just weird how it should, in theory, fit in but we need to get back out of the lift in half a beat or else we’ll miss the hook” he sighs.

“Why don’t we do the lift in that bit we’re not sure about after the second chorus instead of in the middle there and do another arm flick then shuffle step thing over to the left” I say, hoping what I’m saying is making sense. We try it anyway and it works well.

“Yes, that’s great it fits now lets keep doing it” Lee says, swallowing some water. 

“When’s the exam?” I ask, drinking my orange juice. 

“Two weeks away, 2nd October” he tells me.

“Oh the judges houses is on on that day” I say.

“Oh yeah and you get to see all of their makeovers” he laughs “Its quite a dramatic change for some of them” 

“Yeah” I smile, I sit down and get my phone out, Harry texted me five minutes ago asking about good names for a group, I have no idea. “Hey can you think of any good names for a group?” I ask Lee who’s sitting on his phone too.

“Like a boy band?” he asks and I nod “I don’t know just make it sound cool. 

“Right” I say, telling Harry I have no clue but make it cool. 

“Lets do this again then we’ll go and get a sausage roll” 

“Mhmm that sounds so good right now” I say, I’m really hungry. After Hollie left at lunch I haven’t had anything else to eat.

“Two sausage rolls and an éclair please” Lee says to the woman behind the counter at Greggs. The woman collects the stuff and we give her our money and leave the shop. 

“So nice” I mumble as I bite into the warm sausage roll.

“Yup” Lee says, “So Harry gets here Tuesday?” he checks

“Monday” I correct him, “He’s going to come to dance on Saturday if that’s ok?” 

“Yeah I’m looking forward to meeting him, he seems like a nice chap” he smiles.

I hope they get on, its going to be super awkward if they don’t. Lee is my best friend and if he doesn’t like Harry I don’t know what will happen but I’m sure someone will get upset, probably me. 

Sorry this is so short but its kind of filler until something happens. I don't just want to skip to the good bits because I don't want to rush the story, although the next chapter might just jump to when Harry gets to Becky's house! x