Chapter 53

I wake up to my mom gently shaking me, I hear my phone buzzing in my bag on the other side of the room and Gracie is lying next to me.

“Morning,” Mom laughs.

“What?” I ask, panicked in case it actually is morning, Harry would freak out if I missed the gig. 

“I’m joking, Hollie is gonna be here in a bit.”

“Thanks,” I smile.

“You’re phones been buzzing like crazy, I had to bring it in here because the dog was trying to rip your bag apart to find it,” mom tells me.

“At least she’s calmed down now,” I smile, pulling Gracie closer to me, I feel her tail gently thumping my hip as she lies her head on me.

“I’ll leave you to get ready, I’ll send Hollie straight up when she comes,” my mom leaves the room, I roll out of bed and yank my bag off the floor to get my phone.

I have three messages from Harry, one from Hollie and fourteen from Sam, what? I also have sixteen missed calls from Sam. What the hell has happened?

Before I can open the texts my battery runs out and my phone dies. I search my room for one of my chargers until I find it under my bed, I put it on charge and begin to get dressed. 

What could Sam want? I know he went to college today, maybe he was so bored he decided to spam my inbox, or he wanted to meet me at the library? Sixteen calls is a lot if he only wanted to meet up. 

I try not to think about it as I get dressed, I have no idea what to wear. Its freezing outside so I’ll need to wear a coat. 

I knock on Alice’s door to ask her for advice on what to wear, she’s not there so I go back to my room and start on my makeup. I decide I want to do it nicely so I start by putting foundation on, I’d like to look nice tonight. 

By the time I’m done with all of my makeup, Alice knocks on my door and walks in, another girl following her.

“Hey!” Alice says, running over to me and wrapping her arms round my shoulders as I sit on the stool looking into the mirror.

“Hey, I’ve missed you,” I smile.

“You too, this is Lacey, mom told you about her right?” Alice laughs.

“Yeah, it’s nice to meet you,” I stand up and smile at her, “Please excuse my pyjamas.”

“No, it’s fine, you’re really gorgeous,” she smiles.

“Oh, um thank you,” I blush, not knowing how to handle compliments like that.

“I told you, she’s the perfect model size too like, you can put her in anything and she looks amazing,” Alice tells her.

“I can imagine, I’d love to just dress you,” Lacey laughs, “That would sound weird if I weren’t a fashion student!”

“Yeah,” I laugh, it does sound weird.

“What are you wearing tonight?” Alice asks me.

“Well I was going to ask you what to wear because I have no idea and it’s freezing outside,” I say, hoping for some advice from the two textiles students.

“Oh my gosh we can help,” Alice says, sharing a happy smiley moment with Lacey. 

They go through my wardrobe, picking out warm items of clothing and spreading them out on my bed while I concentrate on lightly curling the ends of my hair. I hear a few comments like: ‘this would be so cute’ ‘if only it was summer she’d look amazing in this’ and ‘awh she’s gonna look gorgeous’. I just ignore them, they sound like two excited little girls who’ve been given access to their mother’s makeup box.