Chapter 15

“Morning” I hear Hollie whisper, extremely quietly as she taps my shoulder. I roll over and stuff my face into my pillow. Next thing I know she’s straddling me and whacking my head with my other pillow, “Wake up!” she screams

“Oh my God I hate you” I push her off me and sit up. “I was awake”

“No you weren’t don’t lie” she smirks, I return the look “And Alice is leaving in an hour”

“Okay, I’m hungry come on” I say, forcing myself out of the warm bed and into the cold kitchen.

“Mmmhm sausages” Hollie smiles sniffing the air like an excited puppy.

“Yep, girls sit down they‘re done” mom smiles, pulling out the sausages and closing the oven door. I sit next to Alice who’s reading some sort of fashion magazine.

“Looks interesting” I peer at the page and see models wearing bin bag-like dresses, to me they look awful but what do I know about fashion.

“Yeah, I’m going to be organising a fashion show in the summer of next year and I need to see how they work or else I’m going to look like such a bad planner” she says, flicking her hair out of her eyes.

“You’ll do fine, what time is your train?” I ask, mom puts a plate of sausages and toast in front of all of us and we all thank her.

“In an hour, I’d better hurry up” she says, checking her watch and tucking into her food. I’ve never been a breakfast person so I just eat the toast and a sausage, I give my other one to Gracie and she swallows it whole. 

“I saw that” mom warns, she’s sitting at the counter with the newspaper on her lap. I put my hands up in mock defence, she hates it when we give the dog human food. Especially stuff like sausages and bacon, they’re not really good for her but I can’t resist. 

“What day is it?” I ask, I’ve lost track of everything. 

“Tuesday” Alice says as she turns the page in her magazine. “Why?” she asks.

“Well the boys are going to Harry’s tomorrow then” I say.

“Oh yeah, can you get them on skype? I want to see what they all look like” Hollie says, she’s stuffing a piece of sausage in her mouth.

“Well I could but I don’t want to interrupt their ‘bonding time’” I smile at the phrase. “Besides there’ll be pictures of their auditions on google or something”

“Yeah but Harry’s your boyfriend and you two need to keep in contact” I guess she’s right but I don’t want to be a burden. 

“Yeah ok, I’ll skype him later” I tell her. Alice pushes he chair back and picks up her bag.

“I’m just going to check everything and then I’ll be off” she smiles before leaving the room.

“I do wish you’d sit normally Bex” my mom says, slapping my thigh on the way out of the room. I always sit cross legged on chairs, especially when my bare feet are on the cold floor. I just give her a smile and stand up. 

“When do you want me to leave?” Hollie asks.

“I don’t care really, stay as long as you like” I smile, I’m not sure if I want her there while I’m on skype to Harry, I’m pretty sure she’ll say something embarrassing. 

“Okay, well can we go to the sandwich shop for lunch?” she asks as we walk back up to my room.

“Yeah sure, who do you fancy now?” I laugh as we sit back down on my bed.