Problematic Proposing - Chuuya Nakahara x Reader

Chuuya was not sure how he could happen to find himself in his current situation.

Right now, you were both having a heavy argument about marriage. It was supposed to be a normal discussion but it ended different than he intended..

But maybe I should explain how this argument had started to begin with.

Chuuya wanted to propose to you for quite some time now. Though every try of him ended in a disaster or got interrupted. He even lost the ring once during a mission.. When he felt suspicion from you, he asked Dazai for advice – what he already knew he would regret and he was right – and this bandage wasting bastard really said: "Pretend as if you are not interested in marriage. Try to make her believe you hate being married and are a free spirit. Trust me."

And after this, the following discussion started: "Why should anyone still get married instead of leaving the things they are?" Chuuya asked and shrugged, trying to be not interested. You crossed your arms and sighed. "Why? That makes a bond between two lovers stronger. It shows the whole world, that this relationship has to be forever. To swear eternal love for each other. It's a ceremony that shows love for each other." you explained, looking at him during your speech with so much passion in your [e/c] orbs, that Chuuya almost failed to pretend his fake disgust of marriage. "Tch." he responded simply, not trusting his voice to say more. "Tch? Is that everything you got to say to this?" you asked a bit disappointed. "[Y/n], that has nothing to do with you. I am just not the houseman type. That is a fact. I am not into marriage, I never was." he said and noticed your patience slowly fading away.

"Then.. what are we doing, Chuuya?" you asked. "Do you think I want to waste my life without going further any day? Why should we have a relationship when you never want to take the next step? .. Never mind, you don't have to answer." you sighed and shook your head. Before Chuuya could react, you walked past him and left the apartment. "SHIT!" he cursed and slammed his fist on the table. Dazai was hanging on the window and seemed to have heard everything. "That went very good Chuuya! Now the proposal will be a surprise for sure." Dazai giggled, amused. Chuuya took a wine bottle and threw it at Dazai's head. "You bastard! Why did I listen to you in the first place? What if she hates me now?" Chuuya asked, frustrated. "Everything will be alright~" Dazai sang and let himself drop to leave.

In the meantime, you escaped to your best friend Higuchi and told her you may break up with Chuuya. Marriage was a big topic between both of you and Chuuya's fake lack of interest was bugging you. You felt as if you were just a space holder until he'll meet something better.. and you disliked that thought. "You're overreacting [Y/n]-chan. Chuuya and not the type of marriage? I can't believe that." Higuchi said and placed her hands on your shoulders.
"He sounded serious about this, Ichi-chan. I.. don't want to be a toy until he finds someone else. I.. wished he would love me enough to make me his wife.." you sighed.

"EEEEEh? Chuuya not wanting to marry you? But.. he's tried for 5 months." Tachihara snickered, leaning casually against a wall and eavesdropped. "Tachihara, shut up." Gin told him, standing next to him. Almost everyone in Port Mafia plus Dazai knew about Chuuya's plans. They were forbidden to say something to you, but they couldn't let end this beautiful relationship because of that misunderstanding, right?

"Are you serious? He told me, that he isn't the marriage type and want to stay a free spirit." you said, shaking your head. "That was fake to surprise you!" Tachihara smirked. "Bullshit.. Guys you are really crazy." you mumbled and needed some fresh air. That was clearly too much for you.

Later, in the evening, Chuuya arrived at your apartment to clear the situation. Before he reached for the door knob, Tachihara placed his hand on his shoulder. He lived across from you with Higuchi and Black Lizard to take care of you when something happens. "If you're looking for [Y/n].. she's gone." Higuchi spoke in a sad tone. "What's that supposed to mean? Where is she?" Chuuya asked slightly frustrated. "She wanted to break up with you, because she felt like a space filler and you'll dump her anyway when you find someone better." Tachihara added. "That's the biggest bullshit I've ever heard. Didn't you tell her that I WANT to marry her?" he snapped at them. "We tried! But she didn't listen.. She said she need a break and we don't know where she is.. I am so sorry." Higuchi mumbled and bowed in apology of not stopping you. "I guess it's my own fault then. It was a big mistake to listen to that suicide freak. Well.. let me get at least my stuff from her apartment before she burns them in frustration.." Chuuya said, beaten and opened the door to your apartment.