Chapter 24: Canon

Uni's POV

I wanted to take back what I has said earlier  to Cory, but I knew I couldn't. Now, I just have to get him back to the others and regroup. I knew the attack was coming, me and Rex knew, we just didn't say anything. That was probably a mistake. But, we know their battle plan, so our knowledge might come in handy. I was carrying Cory on my back, and he was mumbling something like "stop" or "I don't want to do this anymore."

"Over their!" Nick shouted and pointed to a group of people heading our direction. Massive explosions were going off, and chunks of rock were falling out of the sky. We began to run to the group, Shelby was at the end when a rock chunk came crashing down on her. Her forcefield went up and the rock shattered causing tiny fragments to fly everywhere. Ross used his powers to stop the fragments from hitting him, but I was left with little cuts on my hands. We continued to run, I stayed in the lead. I didn't want any of them to run first and get bombed. Soon, we could actually see where the battle was, in a valley below us to our left, many people were  fighting. Dark creatures were screaching. Dust filled the air making it harder to breath. People shouted and yelled, you could hear the metal of swords clashing together. To our right were the others who were frantically  running towards us yelling something.I began to get really tired and slowed down, Cory was not heavy, but he wasn't light either. I saw a canon in the distance point at me, then a loud bang happened. The side of the mountain I was on began to crumble beneath me. The ground shifted and began to crack making a loud snapping noise it collapsed and I fell down into the valley with Cory still on my back. As I fell I heard Shelby scream and I saw her hand reach over the side of mountain.

I for sure thought I was dead, I was waiting for the splat of the impact but it never happened. I opened my eyes, and saw I was on the ground. I looked and Cory was holding my shirt.

"Did you just shadow jump?" I questioned him.
"It was either that, or die." He said. I noticed Cory was grabbing at his leg, then I looked around to see where my sword was. I saw it thrown to the side with blood on half of it. Cory then looked at it, it's just a scrape, and he stood up to prove himself. Then a bunch of arrows flew pass his head and he gave out a little yelp.

"Great, we need to get through this war zone." I mumbled.

Rex's POV

We noticed Uni was to close to the edge and more canons were being loaded, so we began to yell to warn them. But then the earth crumbled underneath Uni and he disappeared out of sight taking Cory down with him. We saw Shelby run to the end screaming. Ross grabbed her arm as she almost tumbled off the cliff. Shelby then slid to the ground crying. We soon caught up to them. I looked over the edge. Their was a pile of dirt and rock and I could see the glimmer of helmets underneath.

I set Alex down, then sat down my self.

Red looked at us. "It's gonna be okay. We just... we just have to keep moving." His voice cracked.

Alex yawned as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. She scanned us and I could tell she counted how many people their was. She then stood up and looked over at the edge "Oh no." She said.

Nick was dead silent. I could tell he was tired. He was tired of loosing them over and over again. I was too. I got up and sat by Nick. I hugged him trying to make him feel better, but he just sat their unmoving. Looking into nothingness. Then Shelby yelled and stumbled to the edge of the cliff trying to grab something.

"She jumped!" Shelby yelled. As I realised Alex was gone.

"What?!" Red said looking up.

Adam started to pace back and forth then he ran full speed for the cliff I ran after him, but soon he was over the edge. Shelby pulled me back before I went over with him.

I slowly stepped closer the edge and looked over. I saw Alex digging in the rubble and Adam, was floating down. "Power of the wind." I mumbled.

Shelby held herself and cried some more. I could not tell if they were tears of joy or grief. But now their was hope, because Adam and Alex were now digging for them. After 10 minutes Alex teleported up.

"They aren't their." She said out of breath and almost fell. "It was only helmets. Adam thinks Cory shadow jumped them before the impact. We are going to look for them."

She teleported away before anyone could answer back. A faint smile appeared on Shelby's face. I looked over the edge and saw Alex and Adam walking away from the rubble. I looked at Nick who was leaning against a tree still starring at nothing. I sighed. Then stood up.

"I can't sit here and do nothing!" I yelled.

"We can't go, we can't teleport or shadow jump." Jin said with a sigh.

"Listen up, if their is even a little chance those two knumb skulls are alive, I'm taking it." I said. "Uni has been by my side through thick and thin and I'm not gonna let him rot down their! And Cory, well he took a knife to the face for me so I owe him this." I declared.

"How are we gonna get down though?" Ross asked.

"Well funny you asked buddy, cause you are gonna dig." I said with a grin.