Chapter 66: Storm

Adam's POV

Me, Alex, and Jin left to a research room. We looked around and found tools to open the claw. It was actually just a knife, but Jin insisted on calling it a scalpel.

We opened it up to reveal a bunch of dark glowing beads. The beads color was undetermined because it constantly was moving with dots in it like it was space or something.

Jin took one out and held it up in the light.
"This little thing here will take anyone anywhere in the world." He exclaimed amazed then set it down.

Alex sat down and said," I can already go anywhere in the world."

Jin rolled his eyes, "Yeah, but we can't."

Alex got up and looked closer at the claw, she traced her finger around it and stopped at the tip. She shined it in the light, and it glimered. "This will make a cool knife." She said with a grin.

"We are not using this for weapon, it's a scientific artifact." Jin said snatching the claw from Alex's hands.

"It's a nail from a cat with wings." She countered and put one finger on the claw and she vanished with it.

"W-What! Hey come back here!" Jin shouted at air.

I chuckled watching him stomp around in annoyance.

"Calm down, we already got what we needed." I said trying lighten the mood.
"Just claaaaaw down." I said snorting.

Jin grunted and went back to examining the pearls.

A while later we were interupted by Nick.

"Cory left to tell Ashlie and Tommy the plan." He said nervously.

"What's wrong." I asked.

"I don't trust them." Nick said with a much more assertive voice.

"Tommy at least, he acts dumb... but he's smart. He is manipulative. He scares me." Nick said trailing off.

"What's did he do to you?"

Nick shook his head. "Nothing."

"Nick we have to trust one another, we are a team. You have to be able to tell me things so I know what's up."

"I know, I know. I just, don't want anyone to be worried about me. T-Tommy, had me... kill a bunch of kids."

"Does Cory know?!" I immediately asked.

"N-no, he doesn't know. Why?" Nick replied.

"How are we supposed to trust Cory's instinct then. He thinks they are still good but Tommy, Tommy is insane." I mumbled.

"To be honest, they all are kind of insane." Jin mumbled in the background.

"So what are we gonna do?" Nick asked.

"Keep an eye on him. What else are we gonna do? We just have to trust Cory's judgement." I said reassuring Nick and Jin and they nodded at me in approval.

"Nick, why didn't you tell us sooner?" I asked in a fatherly tone.

"Well I was, then things happened with Cory. And that got Uni stressed out, and I didn't want to add on to Uni's stress, then we fought that monster, and it's just been a long week." Nick declared.

"You don't only have to tell Uni, there is so many other people on the team." Jin mumbled still working intently.

"I know but Uni, Cory, and Rex are like my older brothers so I feel like I should tell them first, but Uni was dealing with Cory, and Rex scares me." Nick trailed off.