Chapter 4

We walked to the principal's office with him leading the way. And I'm still throwing death glares at his back but he still didn't feel anything.

"Good morning, Mr. Park." He said with his deep, velvety voice We stood side by side in front of the principal. My heart started to beat faster at the sight of the principal staring at him. For now. This problem will damage my image as a student president and I can't take another mistake because of my fault.

"Good morning, kids. So many trouble for the first day, huh? Mind telling me the reason and why are your clothes tousled like that? And - wait a minute...Well well well...Look who's late today. Miss President." I flinched as he said my title with a mocking tone. I met his eyes, and smiled politely.

"Hello, Mr. Park. I'm so sorry I'm late today. It was my own carelessness and I take full responsibility of my fault." I said and lowered my head to show my apology.

"Ah...That is okay Miss Jung. And you," Mr. Park stared at him. "I've never seen you here. So tell me, why are you kids late today?"

We both looked up,

"It's her fault, sir!"

"It's all his fault, Mr. Park!" We said at the same time while pointing at each other.

We both surprised and look at each other He looked confused and looked at his surroundings like he's looking for someone. He looked at me again with confused looks, "His?"

"Yeah, it's that guy's fault. See that guy?" I said sarcastically as I pointed to one of the photo on the wall.

"But i'm a girl" he said as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

Silence..

"What?" Mr. Park and I said together.

Uh...Do I have a hearing problem? Did he just say that he's a girl? Even a blind man can tell him that he's a boy?! Mr. Park and I looked at each other with a confused face and diverted our attention to him. Suddenly Mr. Park widened his eyes and snapped his finger, "So you're the new student? Amy?" Mr. Park asked as he rummaged his drawer, looking for something. "Amber, sir. I'm Amber Liu." He said, correcting Mr. Park.

Wait.. Isn't amber a girl's name? What?

"Aha! Here it is!" Mr. Park said as he took out a stack of file. He put on his glasses and read on the papers carefully.

"Welcome, Ms. Liu. It's a pleasure to finally have you here." Mr. Park said as he stood up and suddenly took his hand for a handshake.

"Wait! Wait...Hold up...Miss? Miss Liu?" I have both of my hands in front of me, trying to digest all the information. I look back and forth from him and Mr. Park, and they both have a serious faces, so they're not joking. I look at him once again,

Boy's uniform, flat chest, sharp jaw line, but no adam's apple?!

"YOU'RE A GIRL?!"

He- I mean she, scrunched her face and closed her eyes. "Yeah, I'm a girl. I'm Amber Liu." She answered and offered her hand for a handshake.

I stood still...

So he - No, she is a girl?

"You're a girl???????" I still can't believe the new fact of her. And again she just nodded.

"What's up with the boys uniform? You can't wear it to school since you're a girl."

"I can because I just can." she said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"What kind of lame excuse is that?! You can't wear a boy's uniform just because you can, you idiot. That means I can wear a bikini to school next time just because I can?!" I said sarcastically. I looked at Mr. Park, asking for confirmation.

"Well, actually she's a transferee from America and she's a star basketball player and she promised to win the chapmionship if we allowed her to wear the boy's uniform." Mr. Park explained and she just nodded and put a thumb's up as an approval.

I put my hand on her chest and squeezed it.

They both widened their eyes, "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" She shouted, slapped my hand and ran away from me while crossing her arm on her chest.

"Molester!" She pointed at me accusingly.

"You don't even have boobs!"

"But I'm still a girl!! I'll report this to the police!"

"But -"

"Stop you both! This is not the place for you to fight! Go to the gym or the field to fight! Anywhere else but not here!" Mr. Park stood up and separated us.

We looked at each other, "FINE THEN!" We shouted at each other and stormed out of the office

"That's not what I meant!" Mr. Park stopped us. We scoffed at each other and walked back to the table. Mr. Park sighed, "This is still the first day and I already have headache." He said while massaging his temple.

He stood up from his table and walked to grab something on the table across the room. He grabbed a - straw???

He handed us a straw each on our hand. "Go in front of your class, place this between your lips, do the flaminggo leg, and raise both of your arms. Wait until the ceremony is finished. After that, write an apology letter and hand it to me tomorrow. And miss Liu?"

Amber..? That's her name, right?

He handed her a file, "This is all your time schedule and class you have to follow, and Miss Jung here, will show you to your class." He sat himself and pointed the file at me. After that he handed the file to Amber.

WHAT?!

WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?!

ME?!?!

"Pardon, sir? But can you repeat it once again? And what kind of punishment is this? I thought we would get detention or something?" I said to Mr. Park

Please god...I don't want to stuck with this devil's spawn much longer...

"You heard me. Do you want to do both?" My eyes widened and I quickly shook my head "Good. Now go. I have so many things to do." He dismissed us. We both bowed and still can't believe we have to stuck with each other longer than this. I face palmed and sat on the chair outside the room. She only stood infront of me and stared at me.

"Give me the file" I commanded to her, I may sound rude, but this creature is a jerk so she deserves it. She handed me the file and I read them carefully.

Amber Josephine Liu...

"Pfffttt...Josephine.." I sniggered and she glared at me. I continued to read it.

Chinese-American

Transferee from America

Sport scholarship

And her report...

"STRAIGHT A?!" I exclaimed and looked back and forth from the file to her face. How come this creature can be that smart?!

"Did you cheat during your test or something?!" She shook her head and put her what-the-fuck face.

I got to admit that she's pretty cute...

Wait..

WAIT!

What the hell?!

"Can you show me my class?" I looked at her and read the paper for her class, and...

DRUM ROLL, PLEASE...

She's in the same class as me.

Shit.