Chapter 18

"W-what are you doing h-here?"

Minah stuttered as she walked to me. I put on my flat face as I hid my surprised face. I bowed down and picked the things that just fell from my hands. I walked to the table and placed them there. I turned around and see the surprised Minah.

I sat on the stool and tried to calm my erratic heartbeat and urge to terminate her right here. "Why did you do that? That counted as sexual harassment." I stared at Minah and she sat on the stool across me.

"Didn't I say I like her? Isn't it normal if you want to kiss someone you like?"

"But that doesn't mean you can kiss her when she's unconscious!" I raised my voice but not loud enough to wake Amber up. I clenched my fist behind my folded arm and glared at her. Minah chuckled and placed her pointer finger on her lips as she motioned me to shut up and keep it as a secret.

My anger started to boiling up as I stared at her whose now staring at Amber, or precisely on her abs. I pulled her blanket and tuck it until her neck. Minah looked surprised and stared at me questioningly. She exhaled, "Then what, you'll tell her? Or the school? Go ahead. You don't have any evidence that I kissed her." She folded her arms as she challanged me through her gaze.

"Don't tell me... You like her too?"

My eyes widened for a couple a seconds but I quickly scowled again and rolled my eyes to cover it. "Me?" I pointed at myself and laughed sarcastically. I guess Minah believed it and nodded her head.

"So, it's not like you like her anyway. Why don't we just forget about this, okay?" She stood up from her seat and walked to me. She rummaged through her bag and took out a sandwich.

She handed it to me, "I was planning to give this to Amber, but I think you need it more. And it won't be as good when it's cold. Bye, Krys." She walked out the room and left me alone in this room with Amber.

Her words echoed in my head

It's not like you like her anyway...

I placed the sandwich on the table and exhaled loudly. I facepalmed as I felt the familiar rush of heat, but now accompanied by a stabbing feeling on my chest. I held my chest as I felt the fast heartbeat.

I turned around and combed Amber's hair with my hand. She looked so peaceful and the girls really did a great job. The bruises from earlier have faded and the cut already dried. I traced her plump lips with my thumb and felt the warmth from her breath.

My heart beats faster again and I'm getting used to it. I placed my head on her chest and listened to her calming heartbeat. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

---- ---- ----

When I opened my eyes, I checked on the surroundings and I'm still in the infirmary. I closed my eyes and buried myself deeper in this soft bed.

Wait...

Soft bed?

Didn't I...

I opened my eyes again when I realized I'm already lying on the mattress where Amber slept earlier.

How?!

I jumped off the bed and frantically looking for the blonde head in the room. There're no trace left of her presence here and the sandwich gone from the table but the medicine still on the table and left untouched.

"Amber? Where're you?!" I shouted and still looking for her in the room. The door opened and revealed Amber with my bitten sandwich in her left hand. She was surprised to see me and quickly tackled me and hugged me tight. "You're okay, right? Does it hurt? Let me see." She held my face in her hands and examined the swollen part. I placed my hand on top of hers and smiled, "I'll be okay."