Chapter 20

I looked outside through the window and the sky was beginning to turn into orange as the sun set on the horizon and hid behind the tall buildings.

It was a peaceful Saturday. People outside were busy doing their own things and the street lights were coming back to life. I looked at the clock and it shows that it was 5pm. Our bakery opens until 10pm but we only serve beverages and heavier meals for dinner.

I leaned my head on the head rest and tapped the table making a few beat.

This is soooo boring..

Suddenly, an idea popped in my mind. I grabbed my coat behind the door and walked outside.

"Mom, I'll be at Henry's if you need me."

My mom nodded and raised a thumb in approval. She was still busy counting the money in the cashier so I just left her.

"Where are you going?" James said from the kitchen. He came out and wiped his wet hand on his apron.

James is an employee here and he helped a lot in building this bakery. I first met him when I accidently got lost after buying some ingredients for dinner. Thank god he was there and helped me get back home. So, my mom offered him a job here and he immediately said yes because actually he was looking for part-time job too. We've been close best friends since that day.

"I'll be at Henry's Wanna come?" He shook his head and smiled, "No, I still have lots of things to do here. Don't come home too late.". I nodded and bid him goodbye.

I walked to Henry's shop. When I got there, 2 customers were heading out from the shop while chatting with each other. I opened the door for them and they stopped when they realized someone was at the door.

"Thank you - Sunbae??"

A brown haired girl said as she looked up to see my face. I had a confused face, "You know me?" I asked while pointing at myself.

She nodded eagerly and offered her hand for a handshake. I awkwardly shook her hand and forced a smile on my face. "Of course! You're THE Amber Liu! It's really nice to see you upclose, sunbae. I'm a fan of you! I really like you!" The girl said cheerly and her eyes twinkled with that huge smile never left her face.

"Uhh.. You can call me Amber. Amber is fine. And umm... Thanks.." I said as I smiled at her. Two of them blushed and giggled.

"So.. Be careful on your way home and your name is..." I asked her

"My name is -"

"Dudee!!!!!!!"

I saw Henry running behind her and he pulled me to a hug. "Dude! Thank god you're here! I have a new special recipe for the death ramen! You should taste it first!" He said as he pulled me inside with his arm drapped on my shoulder.

"Yeah but wait I need to -"

I turned around to see her again but she already left. Geez.. She hasn't told me her name. I just shrugged it off and walked inside with Henry.

"Call that frog and ask him to come here." Henry said as he walked to the kitchen and took out the ingredients for the ramen. I took out my phone and called Minho.

Beep.. Beep..

"Hello?"

"Hey, where are you?"

"I'm at home. Dude, let's go out and do something. I might die of this boredooom" he slurred the last word and he really sounded like he was totally bored.

"Come to Henry's now. New ramen recipe."

"Really?! I'll be there in a flash!" He yelled and hung up the phone.