Chapter 16

"Uh.. I'll take your order after I place all of this, ok girls? You may take a seat first." Amber said.

We nodded and picked a seat by the window. Amber walked to the counters and arranged the breads in their own plates. After that, she walked to the cashier and picked 2 menu books, a note and a pen.

"So, what do you want to eat today?"

She handed the book to us and waited patiently. When I open the book, each page was filled with unknown breads, dessert, and sweets I've never seen before. Minah was looking at the menu thoroughly and sometimes flipped the pages. So I decided to close the book, "Surprise me, Amber." I said.

Amber only nodded and wrote something in the note. "I'll have the.. Extra Meat sandwich and.. Vanilla Latte, please." Minah said as she returned the book to Amber.

"I'll deliver it here when it's done. Thanks" Amber said as she smiled and walked away to the kitchen. Minah looked at me with twinkling eyes and said cheerfully, "Oh My God! Did you see that smile? My friends were right! That was..."

"Weird?" I interupted.

Minah looked at me with a frown on her face, "There must be something wrong in that brain of yours. Almost all the population of girls in our school have a crush on her! I mean, just look at her!" I looked at Amber whose now carrying trays of bread from the kitchen to the counter. Well, I got to admit she's A BIT charming.

"What's up with her? She's okay." I said in uninterested tone. I turned my head and looked at the crowded city of Seoul. Minah was shaking her head, "I don't understand you Jung.. She's - wait a minute. I got a phone call." Minah hurriedly answered her phone.

"Hello mom?"

"Yeah I'm at this new bakery with my friend."

"Now? Why now? Why - "

"Okay mom. Okay. Bye bye." She hung up the phone and exhaled loudly. She put down her phone and rested her head on the table.

"What was that?" I asked her. She lift her head from the table and stared at me, "My mom had something to do and I need to go home now. I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer. I'll pay for this one."

"No you don't have to! It's okay. I'll go home with you." I stood up but Minah pushed me down again. "You stay, and eat. That's not everyday I get to buy you something, right? I'll just ask for a take away for my order." Minah stood up and walked to the counter. After that, she walked to the door and waved her hand to me.

"Hey, this is today's recommended menu. Simple muffin and hot choco." Amber came and placed them in front of me. Amber noticed the empty seat and asked, "Where's Minah?".

After taking a photo of the dish, I answered, "She left a while ago because her mom called her." Amber only hummed and sat on the chair.

I looked at her with confused face, "Aren't you supposed to do your job?". She shook her head and waved her hand to the other workers. She pointed at me and did a pleading sign. The guy only nodded and raised a thumb up.

"What was that?"

"Oh.. I told Moon to cover my shift because of you." She took off her apron and folded it neatly. She placed it on the table and rolled her sleeve.

"Really? I think It's better for me to go home - "

"No! That's.. Okay. I'll just spend this time with you. So, Krystal. Tell me about yourself." She said as she rest her head on her arm. I shook my head, "Tell me about YOURself." I said as I took a bite of the Muffin, and it was really really REALLY good.