Chapter 27

This morning is a beautiful one. A real contrast to the thing that happened yesterday with all the chaos and the slaps. But I do realize that Amber notices the mini cut on my lips. She's been eyeing on it for a while now, but I just let her be.

We eat in silent with the TV playing on the background. I check the weather cast at the corner of the screen and it says today will be another hot sunny summer day. Amber just munches her food quietly and eyes on the TV.

And there's some moment in your life that you want to record it and save it to enjoy for the rest of your life. That warm fluttering feeling in your chest and something warm blooming in your stomach - or was is the tea?

The light breeze sneaked in from the open window and the coldness swept through my face. After we're done, Amber just sat there, eyes on the TV with the refilled cup of coffee in her hands. The messy bed hair is still there and she just let it be.

She occasionally laughed when the news talked about some nonsense. Her eyes turn into a beautiful crescent every time she laughs.

"You've been staring at me for a while now." Amber sips her coffee and side glanced me.

She put the now empty cup down and turned her body to face me. I just shook my head and continued to eat my food.

I'm not that good at cooking comparing to Amber, but this one was not that bad, in fact it's the best I've ever made since Amber didn't say anything about the food or the coffee - unlike the other day when she said I put the whole ocean to the scrambled egg.

"Minho called me a lot last night. Did something happen?" Amber asked innocently with her phone in her hand.

"Well ye-yes. You were.. different yesterday." I whispered the last part and wish that she can't hear it.

She leans closer to say something but I quickly avert my gaze to the TV like it's the most interesting object in the whole universe.

"Well, I'll wash the dishes so you take a bath now, you stinky llama~" I playfully pushed her to the bathroom and threw her the towel.

She was about to say something but I quickly closed the bathroom door. After doing the dishes, I went to my room and saw Amber still wearing her towel and a black tank top, again.

"Seriously, how many black tanktops do you have? You always wear it EVERYWHERE." I put the stress on the 'everywhere' and she just lift her shoulder and continue rummaging her bag.

"Do you want to go somewhere first before the beach?" Amber asked and lift a plain black t-shirt.

"Well if you want to go to the park, we can do that." I replied and take out a nice white button up shirt. I think the blue knee length skirt would do great with it.

"Okay. I'm done."

I turned around and Amber is wearing a white pants, the black tank top is now added with a blue shirt which she decided to let it unbuttoned.

Well, I'm sorry Mr. Sun, but I think Amber could just take your place as the HOTTEST thing in the solar system. Because.. DAMN!

"Krys?"

Amber waves her hand in front of my face and snaps me out of the trance. I shale my head and cup my face with both of my hands. Keep it together Jung!

"W-well, you look g-great, Am."

I give her a thumb up. But hell if I have 100 thumbs, I'll lift them all to show how great she is.

She sits on the bed and waits for me to finish.