Chapter 25

"OH MY GOD!! You look soooo freakin hot, Amber!" Minah exclaimed and cupped Amber's face in her hands.

She proceeded to trail her finger on her nose bridge and moved slowly to her jawline and poked her nose when she finished. Minah bit her lip in a sensual way and scanned Amber's body from head to toe.

"Yo look so..." Minah said and trailed her finger on Amber's shoulder to her hand slowly.

"Sexy.." Minah sneaked her hand inside Amber's hand and held it. Amber looked very very uncomfortable but decided to cover it with her smile. When she looked at me, her eyes were clearly screaming 'HELP ME!' I coughed and Minah glared at me for ruining her moment.

"So.. What are you doing here?" Amber said as she slowly loosened Minah's grip. She walked closer to me and slightly hid behind me from Minah.

"Well.. This is my family's bingsu shop. And I'm here because my dad has something to tell me." Minah explained. She twirled her hair with her finger and kept staring at Amber. And clearly she looks uncomfortable under her intense stare, and she hid deeper behind me.

"Uh.. Maybe we should get going. It's nice meeting you, Minah." I said and bid goodbye to Minah.

"Wait! Where do you stay in Daegu?"

I was on a verge to answer her about the apartment, but Amber cut me and pulled me back behind her back. "We're staying with the team at a nearby hotel. So, goodbye Minah." Amber waved her hand and literally dragged me to the car.

"What was all that about?" I said. She kept silent and put on mine and her seatbelt. She turned on the engine and drove back to the apartment.

During our way home, Amber kept glancing at something behind us and kept silent all the time. She didn't even turn on the radio. I just sat there quietly with the bingsu on my lap. After a couple of turns, she exhaled and finally relaxed her tense body.

"What was that?" I asked her again. "I suspect there's someone following us. But it's all good now." She smiled and leaned back on her seat. When we arrived at the apartment, Amber looked around again and walked behind me to the room. I unlocked the door and placed the bingsu on the coffee table.

"I'll make fried rice. I think we have enough ingredients." Amber took off her jacket and proceed to walk to the kitchen. After she finished making the fried rice, we ate the bingsu while watching the TV. The TV channels were all boring so we decided to end the day and sleep after we brush our teeth (don't forget to brush your teeth before bed!).

"Say Amber, what are you really afraid of?" I asked. Amber turned to face me and spread her arms for me to get inside. I scooted closer and buried myself insde Amber's arms. Amber put her chin on top of my head and stroke my back gently.

"I can't afford losing you." She finally said in an almost whisper voice.

I stayed quiet but silently hoped that she will keep her promise. I closed my eyes and prayed that nothing bad will happen to us.

. ---- ---- ----

We're currently in the same court as before. The team was warming up beside the court. But I don't see any sign of Amber. We came here together but suddenly she just vanished and is nowhere to be found. Suddenly I heard clapping coming from the crowd.

"Captain! Saranghaeyo!" A bunch of girls yelled from the audience. I turned around and Amber was waving at the crowd and doing the love sign with her fingers. Her smile was as bright as the building's main lamp and the crowd went absolutely crazy.

"Where have you been?" I approached her and whispered in her ear. I could see their jealous stares at me but I just shrugged them.

"I was doing.. something." She put on a fake smile and ran to the rest of the team. She patted my head before she ran and waved to the team. I sat back and prepared their drinks.