Chapter 28

We stayed in that position until the sun completely disappeared from the horizon. No one said anything, Amber wrapped her arms around my waist and burried her face in the crook of my neck.

"Krys?" I just hummed and caressed Amber's soft hair once again.

"What are we?" Amber lifted her head and stared at me.

I stayed silent. I know this conversation would happen again sooner or later.

This strange feeling in my heart, the fast heart beat every time she's around. She has said that she likes me, heck she has kissed me before. That time I didn't even back away.

Are we only friends?

"Friends don't kiss with each other" my heart said.

"Friends don't hold hands like we do in the park." my heart continued,

"Even blind men can see that you're more than 'friends' "

My thoughts echoed in my head and left me confused with this situation. And I've kissed her. God knows how happy I was when her lips touched mine.

Do I.. like her too?

"Do you.. like me?" Amber asked as if she has read my mind and broke my train of thought.

"Amber it's -"

Her fangirls

Suddenly it popped in my mind.

She has tons of fangirls back in school and I think the number doubled after she played here. Those girls would do anything to get her attention.

Attention..

Minho Oppa..

Rooftop..

Those girls..

No... I can't.

I closed my eyes and peeled myself off of her. Tears threatening to escape my eyes, gave me the burning feeling. My heart clenched hard and I'm struggling to take a breath.

"I- I" I stuttered and hung my head low to avoid her gaze.

My heart clenched harder but I tried my best to keep my self composed in front of her. My vision blurred with the tears threatening to slip out, and finally a lone tear escaped and caressed my cheek.

If I said I like Amber, I already know what her answer would be. But am I ready to face the consequence from that?

I think my heart was right. I've fallen in love with her. But the truth about the future hurts me so much even though it hasn't happened.

Yet.

I know it will happen to me sooner or later.

All this time I felt like I was drowned in this dreamland with Amber. The world where I can finally found my answer, after all this time and confusion.

The person who I used to hate so much turns out to be the one I want in every single day of my life.

Her arm is where I want it to be.

Her lips...

I want them so badly I've gone mad thinking about it.

The smile, the one that can change my whole day.

The eyes who always search for me in the stadium full of people.

But I can't have her.

Isn't it ironic that we both like each other but can't be together?