Chapter 23.5

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I opened my eyes and sat on the bed. I roamed my hand and the place where Amber used to sleep, and it was cold. I walked to the kitchen and I found her in the dining room.

"Good morning." I decided to hug her from behind. She jumped a little and turned her eyes to me. "Ah.. Good morning.." She answered weakly and put her hands on my arms. The eyebags under her eyes got darker because of the lack of sleep.

"What are you doing so early in the morning?" I let go of her and grabbed a glass and poured myself some milk. She just sighed and closed her eyes, "I couldn't sleep. I can't stop thinking about that Jongin guy." She sighed again and leaned her head on the table. I took her hand and dragged her with me. She seems surprised but she just let me drag her.

I pushed her gently on the bed and wrapped her with the blanket. "Where are you going?" She asked with her small voice and tugged on my hand. "I'm gonna cook something for us." I said and held her hand in mine. She shook her head slowly, "Don't go.. Come here." She said slowly and opened the blanket and made a space for me. I just sighed and did the thing she wanted.

I laid myself beside her. "Come here." I opened my arms and Amber snuggled closer. "Aigoo.. What a big baby.." I said and stroked her hair slowly.

Her breathing got heavier and her body relaxed in my arms. She fell asleep in a second and I continued stroking her hair.

"Rest well.. My knight.."

---- ---- ----

I opened my eyes from the nap and Amber was still sleeping soundly in my arms. She looked so peaceful and relaxed in her sleep. I let go of her and decided to make some pancakes for us.

I took off my shirt and used one of Amber's tank tops. It was too big for me and it covered my butt. I tied my hair in a simple pony tail and walked to the kitchen and started cooking pancakes. I flipped the pancakes carefully and put them on the plate.

"Looks good."

I felt a pair of arms circled my waist and put her chin on top of my shoulder. I picked one of the pancakes and place it in front of her mouth. "Say Aahh~". She opened her mouth and ate it in one bite. "How is it?". She kept chewing and raised her thumb as an answer. I smiled and she sat down in front of me.

I walked to the fridge and poured some juice for us. We ate the pancakes while sometimes chatted about some random thing. After we finished, she offered to wash the dishes.

"Do you have anything to do?" I said after she sat down on her chair again. She rubbed her chin for a while, "I don't know. Maybe a jog around the park or something?". I nodded a couple of times and leaned back on my chair. "Okay, I'm coming with you." I raised from the chair and walked to the room and she followed behind me.

"I think there's a - OH SHIT!"

BLAGH!!

"OUCH.."

I accidently slipped on a water puddle on the floor. I closed my eyes and prepared myself for the pain, but again it didn't come, and instead I fell on something soft.

I opened my eyes and Amber was already underneath me and protected me from the pain, again. "Are you okay?" She asked, still not moving from her position. I nodded a couple of times and tucked my hair behind my ear. The hair fell again but this time Amber caught it and tucked it back behind my ears.

We were only a few inches apart from each other and I could feel her warm breath on my face. Her breath smells like mint because of the toothpaste and it smells really good and fresh.

We froze on our position. My heart had gone crazy inside my chest and I think it could explode any time soon. I felt the familiar warm feeling in my chest and cheeks and I could actually feel my face got redder in front of her. I saw my reflection on her dark orbs and I felt helpless under her stare.

"Krys?" She said in an almost whisper voice.

"Y-yeah?" My face got really really hot and my heart beated even faster, if that's possible.

"I- I- I" She stuttered and her face got really red.

"W-what is it?"

"I-It's.."

"W-what is it???"

"I- Oh god damn it! I can't take it anymore!"

"W-what -"

The next thing I know, she closed the gap that separated us and planted a gentle kiss on my lips.

I was so shocked and I could feel my stomach did a sommersault and felt the butterflies in my stomach erupted and I felt the happiness over flowed in me, from the tip of my head to my feet.

I didn't have a chance to close my eyes and she pulled away from the kiss. Amber stared at me deeply and whispered,

"I like you."

-----------------------
It was pretty short...but I'm guessing you guys loved it didn't you? 😏