Chapter 16.5

After Amber took me home that day, I haven't seen her around. Her classmates said she's busy practicing for the upcoming tournament with the boys. And as the captain, she has to come everyday.She returned my blazer early in the morning and put it on my desk. So I returned her's and put it inside her locker.

Life has been dull lately. Go to School, study, do school council work, go home, and sleep. I repeat the same cycle every single day without any interesting thing. Well you could say that the accident when Mr. Lee almost burned his entire clothes in our Chemistry class was pretty interesting.

Ever since the moment when Amber hugged me, I can't erase her face from my mind. Every time I see bread, that always reminds me of Amber. Everytime I hear the sound of a bouncing ball, her face suddenly appeared in my mind. Even every time I smelled something with chocolate scent, it always ended up remembering me her hug.

The thing is, it always ended up me looking like a boiled crab and my face turned hotter. What should I do?

Why can't I get you out of my mind?

---- ---- ----

It was another normal day at school. I was eating lunch after school with Tiffany and Taeyeon, who are now bickering in front of me because they disagreed on something. I ate the cupcake silently. Everytime I ate some pastries, it always ended up me comparing them with Amber's. After I ate her cupcake, suddenly all the cupcakes I've eaten tasted so bland, eventhough it was my favorite.

There's only few people left in canteen. Some were doing their group work, talking with friends, and the rest were eating their lunch peacefully. The canteen server had gone home at this hour. But some students managed to get their lunch just before they closed.

"Hey, krys, did you hear the news about the new transfer student?" Tiffany asked after they finished bickering and always ended up Taeyeon giving up and agreed on everything Tiffany has said. Why bother to fight then?

I shook my head and continued eating. "Yah, I heard he's super hot. A basketball player too! but some people said he's a bad boy in his previous school in Busan." Tiffany said as she imagined how he looks like. I could see Taeyeon's face changed and she had a frown on her face.

I saw from the distance, Amber was talking with Rome and Eric Nam, the new president of the newspaper club. I unconsciously observed them (or her) as they talked about something serious with Amber writing something on her book. Eric was explaining about something and talked animatedly in front of them. Sometimes Amber would glance at me, but I quickly looked away before she realized it.

And then the same heat rush would come back and always ended up me looking like a tomato.

"THAT'S HIM!"

I turned around and saw who they were talking about. There's a boy, with an unkempt uniform, no tie, with stoic face, walked into the canteen with his cockiness and pride.

There's nothing really special about him, except that he's another addition of bad boy here. All eyes were on him and he looks like he enjoyed all the attention. He walked past our table and stopped. He turned back and stood beside me.

"You're the president, Krystal Jung, right?" He asked as he combed his hair back and put on his sexy face while licking his lips. Eww...

"Yes." I curtly answered and prayed he would leave us alone. He extended his hand, "The name's Jongin. Kim Jong In. But call me Kai, darling. You are.. Gorgeous, Krystal Jung..." He introduced his name as his eyes traveled downwards to scan my body.

I folded my arms in front of my chest and glared at him, "It's really rude to do that to someone you just met, Mr. Kim. Now, will you excuse yourself, please leave from our table." I glared at him once again.

He just laughed that caught everybody's attention to our table. He lifted my chin with his fingers, and brought it close to his face. I could smell the strong mint scent oozing out from him. It gave you the cold, unwelcoming, and sharp feeling from him.

I slapped his hand away and distance myself from him. The slap echoed to the entire canteen and everyone was looking at us. He rubbed his now red hand and smirked darkly, "You shouldn't have done that.. Darling." He said. He glared at me and laughed darkly. He closed his eyes with his palm and laughed even louder.

"You are interesting, Krystal Jung..."

SLAP!

He slapped me hard and pulled me by my collar and forced me to stand up. "Akh! Let.. Me go!" He lift me and my feet barely touched the ground. I could feel my chest tightened and diziness because of the lack of air.

"Let her go, you bastard!" Taeyeon stood up and tried to flung a punch to his face. He easily grabbed her hand and pushed her away.

BRAK!

"Taeyeon!"

Tiffany ran to her. Taeyeon's head hit the corner of the table and blood started to come out from her temple. She tried to stand up, but her vision was already blurry and couldn't even stand up straight without Tiffany's help.

I saw a hand gripped on Kai's arm. The hand gripped his arm hard and forced him to let me go. I fell to the floor and the other students came to me to help me. But none of them were brave enough to confront Kai.

I looked up and saw a familiar blonde head in front of me.

Amber..

Amber was still holding his arm with one hand and gripped even harder."ARGHHHH!!!" Kai groaned in pain and fell on his knees in front of Amber.

She turned around to see me, "Are you okay? I'm sorry I'm late." She smiled warmly and held my hand with her other hand.

Her eyes changed into really dark ones when she saw my swollen cheek. "This bastard slapped you?" I nodded and lowered my head, I didn't want Amber to see my swollen face any longer.

Her face turned into a flat one, but her body and her eyes were oozing the dark and threatening aura.

'The Psychopath' Amber is here.

You're in deep trouble, Kim Jong In.