Chapter 12

Ding.. Dong.. Ding.. Dong

The sound of the bell interupted us from any further conversation. My head still can't take the fact that Minah likes Amber. Even that unknown pain came again in my chest. What's all of this supposed to mean?

Minah stood up and offered her hand to lift me, which I gladly took it. We both fell into an awkward silence after what she said earlier. I stopped from my track, I guess Minah felt that and turned around to face me.

"What do you mean you like her?" I finally asked the question that has been aching to be said.

"Why can't I? It's human nature to love someone right?"

"But she's a girl!" My voice got higher in this now empty hallway.

Minah only giggled and folded her arms infront of her chest, "Interesting, right? I never knew I could fall in love with a girl. But with her look, I think most of the people will see her as a guy. You know what I mean?"

I got silenced by what Minah has said about the fact. I didn't know why but my hands move themself and turned into a fist at my back. I lowered my head to think what should I say to her. I felt a sudden rush of heat to my face, but why do my hands feel so cold?

"Love is love anyway. Now, let's go to the class." Minah came to me and pulled my hand to walk with her. After a few step, she let go of my arm and walk beside me.

We sat back in our desk she looks like she just shrugged away about our conversation earlier. While me? I still have no idea why that feeling of pain in my chest came when she said that. I took a deep breath and tried to focus on the lesson. But deep down, I know I can't and I need to figure out what's with all this rollercoaster feeling with Amber.

---- ---- ----

Ding.. Dong.. Ding.. Dong

The bell rung and this one means the school is over and we can go home anytime we want. I took all of my belonging inside my backpack and left the class.

"Hey! Krystal! Wait!" I turned around and see Minah finished tidying up and ran to me.

"Do you have any plan after this? Let's go to that new bakery!" Minah said as she clinged at my arm.

"Sorry Minah, but I have something to do first with the Student Council, so.. Next time?" She let go of my arm and laughed, "You're a busy girl, aren't ya? Okay, next time. Bye Krystal" She lift her hand for a high five and ran towards the exit door.

I walked to the Student Council room at the end of this hallway. When I open it, I guess someone finally tidy up all of that mess earlier. "Hey Krystal, What are you doing here?" I heard someone called me. When I turned around, I saw Kris with a broom in his hand and his sleeved are rolled up with his tie poking out from his pocket. He looks like he's the one who cleaned the entire room, alone.

"Hey Kris, I'm here to finish the report for the questionaire so I can give it to the principal by the end of this week. Are you cleaning all of this alone? Let me help you." I put down my back pack and the blazer on a chair and helped Kris tidying up the room.

I smiled at him and he did a simple smile and continue sweeping the floor. We both work in silence, in only 10 minutes, we finished it and sat down together on the floor. We both had that relieve look and satisfied with our job.

"Hey Krys, Miss Song gave me this note. She want me to give it to you." Kris handed me a piece of paper. I read it, and it says like this,

Hello Krystal

A lot of students had been complaining why there isn't a school newspaper here. So, as a student council advisor, maybe it's time to open a new club. You should discuss it with the other and tell me about your decision by the end of this week. Thanks and work hard!