State Dinner

Dimitri pov
I held Maverick, as Nikki finished getting dressed. I looked at my watch. We were on the verge of being late.

"Alright done," she said as she put her lipstick down.

"You look beautiful like always." I said as I kissed her forehead.

She took Maverick from me.

"We need to say good night to Levi,"

"then we really need to go."

"I heard you the first time." She smiled.

I walked over to the door and opened it.

Nikki's train dragging on the ground

I opened the door to the car, and helped Nikki in, I got in next to her.

"Are you ready with you speech?" Nikki asked.

I took my notecards out of the inside pocket of my suit jacket.

Halfway to Theo's residents and place where the State dinner was being held it started raining.

The house was originally a get away house for the royal family. But we barely used it.

The party It was thankfully going to be inside.

The car pulled up the gravel drive, it was raining petty hard right now.  The car stopped and a servant opened the door while holding and umbrella. I got out, then helped Nikki out. A servant grabbed Nikki's train so it didn't get wet.

We went in and Theo and his wife, Laura, great us, she was seven months pregnant with their first.

"It's wonderful to finally meet you." I said as I shook her hands.

"It's an honor to meet you, Your Majesties." She said.

Nikki greeted her by taking both her hands.