Shall we Dance

Serenity pov
I sat in my science class bored. The day was almost over. All that was left was announcements and then I could go home.

"Also for the high schoolers don't forget about the upcoming Valentines dance for all students in 9-12 grade. Tickets will be sold in the front courtyard in the mornings and at lunch."

I didn't pay attention to the rest of the announcements.

When the bell rang I strutted to my locker. I don't know how I ended up with a bottom locker. I mean it's imposible to access it with arms full of books and a backpack on while in heels.

I opened my locker and put my books in it. I took my backpack off and exchanged the books I need for tonight.

"Hey Woodwork." My Best friend Alex said as he leaned on the locker door. I looked up at him.

"Hey Alex." I said.

"Are you going to the dance?" He asked.

"I want too. I've just got to check with my parents and my schedule. Of course I'll still go even no one asks me." I said.

"That's pretty bold." He said. I stood up and put my backpack on.

"I like being bold. I think it's the inner America in me." I smiled.

Alex laughed. I closed the door of my locker, locked it and walked with Alex to the car pick up.

"So who's picking up you up today?"

"My cousin Evie." I said.

"And how many kids does she have? Your cousins have a lot of kids."

"She has two, Haven is the oldest. And Finn was born in April." I said.

"Doesn't she have an Oscar?"

"Two, three if you count the one she and Vinnie won for directing The One."

"That's her husband right?" Alex asked.

"Yes,"

"Woodwork let's go." Someone yelled. I saw Evie's car at the front of the line.

"Gotta go, I'll text ya later." I said.

"Bye Serenity." He said.

I lightly jogged over to Evie's car. I opened the door and climbed in.

"Those are cute shoes." Evie said as I took them off.

"They're beautiful and fun. But boy do they hurt."

Evie laughed. "Don't you know it. In Waverley I would walk around my house in heels for no reason except to just wear them. Of course our guards knew that, but when we lost a few and got new ones. They didn't know that. So I'd come downstairs half together and in heals and they would think I was going somewhere." Evie laughed.

"That's a bit silly." I smiled.

"So what's going on at Gregory Illean high school?" She asked.