Recovered

Evie pov
"Mommy when's Uncle Robert getting here?" Haven asked.

"Soon sweetie, now finish your homework." I said.

It had been two years since the end of the war. New Waverley had rebuilt bigger and better.

"Mama, can you help me?" Finn asked.

He had just started kindergarten.

"Sure sweetie." I sat down with Finn and helped him with his homework.

When they finished they put their homework up and went to play in their rooms. I sat down on the couch for a breather. Vinnie came down from his studio.

"Hey are you alright?" He asked.

"I'm fine," I said as he kissed my forehead.

He put the rag in his overalls pocket.

"They're going to get here soon so I'd go change." I said.

"Alrighty." He kissed my forehead again and then went upstairs. King came down the stairs.

"Hello, Princess." He said.

"Hello King." I said as I got up.

The door bell ran and I went to the door. I opened the door and Robert and Gwyneth were there.

"Hey how are you?" I asked as I hugged them.

"We're good how are you?" Gwyneth asked.

"I'm good. Please come in." I Said.

They followed me into the living room.

"Can I get you two anything to drink?" I asked.

"We've got water, beer, wine, and Ramsey is pretty good at bar drinks." I said.

"It seems like you're trying to get us drunk," Robert said.

"I'm not, do you want anything?" I asked.

"I'm good," Robert said.

"I'll take a martini," Gwyneth said.

"Let me get Ramsey and he'll get you a martini." I said.

I texted Ramsey and he came down and made a martini.

The doorbell ran again and I got up and got it again.

"Mommy!" Haven yelled as she ran down the stairs.

"Hey sweetie," I said then opened the door. She ran into the living room.

"Hey, I'm Evie." I said to the three men at the door. I recognized them from the Thor and Captain America movies.

"I'm Chris Evans, this is Chris Hemsworth and Jeremy Renner." One said.

"Nice to meet you three, please come in." I said. I showed them to the living room.

"It's Captain America!" Haven exclaimed.

She jumped out of Robert's lap and ran to Chris. He picked her up. Vinnie came down the stairs with Finn.

"Mamma," Finn reached for me.

"Who is this?" Jeremy asked as I took Finn.

"Well this is Finn, and my husband Vinnie." I introduced the cast to Vinnie.

The doorbell ran again and Vinnie went to answer it.

When everyone was there. We started talking.

"Finn who's your favorite superhero?" Samuel Jackson asked.

"Um," Finn looked at me unsure what to say.

"Daddy!" He pointed at Vinnie.

We all laughed.

"I'm not even jealous," Robert said.

"Daddy the paintings." Haven said to Vinnie.

"Did you do a portrait of me?" Robert asked.

"Sort of, if you all would follow me up to my studio." Vinnie Said.

We all crammed into Vinnie's studio.

"Ya sorry about the space," he said as he moved a few paintings so everyone could get in.

"So Marvel asked me to do this a while ago, they gave me the test shots of your costumes." Vinnie Said as I picked up Finn.

Paint wasn't helping with the space problem. I grabbed his collar and put him in our bedroom.

"Sorry about Paint, he gets excited when people come over." I said.

"It's fine," Chris Evans said.

"Evie could you give me a hand?" Vinnie asked.

"Here hold my kid," I said as I gave Chris Finn.

They both looked confused as I walked to Vinnie. We pulled the sheet off to reveal the three giant canvases of all the main characters.

"That's amazing." Mark said.

"How long did it  take you to paint this?" Samuel asked.

"I started as soon as they gave me the project." Vinnie Said.

"Of course you had a few set backs with other projects distracting you." I said.

"I've got a question, how many easels are too many?" Chris Hemsworth asked.

"Well clearly the man doesn't have enough," Tom said.

"I have more at my gallery, and our house in Angels." Vinnie Said.

"Who's this cutie?" Cobie asked as she and Gwyneth looked at a stack of Vinnie's paintings.

"Hold it up," Vinnie Said.

She lifted it and it was a painting of Haven when she was two months old. She was laying on her back and looking up at Vinnie.

"That is Haven at two months."

"Can I see?" Haven asked. Clark helped her over to Cobie so she could see the paintings. My phone buzzed and I excused myself to answer it.

"Hey Princess," Hugh said.

"Hey Hugh, is this important?" I asked.

"I'm in the city, I was wondering if I could come over." He said.

"I'm so sorry, but I've got my cast over and we start filming tomorrow." I said.

"I know, but I'm standing on your front porch dressed as Wolverine." He said.

"Hugh why?" I asked as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

"Sure, why not." I said. I hung up and went downstairs and let Hugh in.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I can," he said.

We went upstairs to the studio.

"I am not responsible for him showing up." I said as I walked in.

"I'm sorry but no mutants allowed," Robert said in his normal sassy way.

"But you allow demigods." He pointed to Chris and Tom.

"This night went down hill so quickly." I said as I shook my head.

"I dare you to show up to set tomorrow in that," Chris Evans said.

"Please don't encourage him." I said.

We went downstairs and the banter continued. Once my kids went to bed, it got worse. Then Vinnie got Paint and by the time everyone went home I was on the verge of pulling my hair out.

•••

The next morning I drove myself to the set. Corbin, Anton and Binx came with me along with Paint.

I went into my trailer and got dressed for the first scene I was in today. Then went to makeup.

____________________________
A/n: so this leg of this story is slowly coming to a close. But I'm going to try and write another book. But I don't know if it'll even get off the ground.
-star