Reunion/sorrow/joy

Evie pov
Vinnie was getting back today. After I was done at the theater I went to the Airport to pick up Vinnie. I sunglasses and went to the baggage claim. I waited till I saw Vinnie and the guards walking toward me.

"Vinnie," I waved. He smiled at me and made his way to me. He hugged me.

"How are you?" He asked.

"I'm good." I said. "I missed you," Vinnie kissed my head.

We got the luggage and then went home. I let Paint out of his kennel  and he didn't get out like he normally.

"Come on Paint you can do it." I coaxed.

He slowly made his was out. I looked at Vinnie worried. He shared the worried look with me and then we went inside.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked Vinnie.

"It's arthritis in his joints. He's been having trouble getting around." Vinnie told me.

"He's getting old, we've had him for almost twelve years. Pit bulls Are only expected to  between 12-14 years. He was already two when we got him." Vinnie Said.

I started to cry and Vinnie held me.

"I don't wanna loose him." I said as I held onto Vinnie's shirt.

"I know, I don't wanna say goodbye either." He Said as he rubbed circles on my back.
I felt Paint nudge my leg. I let go of Vinnie and I hugged Paint. He licked my cheek.

"You're such a good boy." I said as I held his head. "Such a good dog." I said.

•••

Paint laid on my feet as we had dinner with our kids. I didn't say much, I was worried about Paint. I reached down and scratched his head.

"So what scene are you doing tomorrow?" Vinnie asked.

"Were doing the watch what happens reprise and the bottom line reprise." I said.

"That should be fun." He said. I nodded.

"Can I come mommy?" Finn asked.

"No sweetie, you gotta stay home with Daddy." I said.

"Okay," Finn said a bit disappointed.

After the kids went to bed, Vinnie and I lounged on the couch while watching a movie.

"They're growing up so quickly," I Said as I laid on top of him.

"I know, it seems like just yesterday you were pregnant with Haven." He Said. He held me close.

"I love you," I Said to Vinnie.

"I love you too." He said.

"It's been a while since we've been together. We've been so busy." I said.

"We have." He said. I laid my head black on his chest and I felt him kiss my head.

"I love you Vincent." I said.

"I love you too, Evangeline." He said.

I got off him and stood up. "Come on," I said.

"But the movie," he said.

"We can come back and watch it later. I wanna do something else." I smiled. Vinnie got the message and we went upstairs.

•••

I hadn't been feeling good lately and we were re filming a couple scenes right before our live performance.

"Hey sweetie are you alright?" Dad asked me.