Vinnie's gone to war

Evie pov

Vinnie held my hand as I drove us to the military camp.

Our kids had said their goodbyes at the palace. Vinnie made them promise him they'd help me out.

I pulled into a parking place and we got out. I walked with Vinnie to the plane. I hugged him.

"I'm gonna miss you. Please you have to come back." I said.

"I will." Vinnie said.

I started crying.

"Please Vinnie, I can't live with out you." I cried.

Vinnie held me as tight as he could without crushing me.

"I will, I love you so much." He said.

I looked at him. He had a few tears rolling down his cheek.

"I love you too." I said as I wiped them away.

"Finally boarding." Someone shouted.

Vinnie pulled me into a kiss. It was fierce, yet compassionate. Sealing a promise that we'd see each other again.

Vinnie pulled me away.

"I love Evangeline." He said.

"I love you too, Vincent. Now you better leave. I don't want to get you in trouble." I cried.

"Goodbye Evie." Vinnie kissed my forehead.

"Goodbye Vinnie." I sniffled.

Vinnie picked up his pack and boarded the plane.

Vinnie pov
I watched Evie from the plane as it took off and she got smaller and smaller.

"Was that your girl?" The guy sitting next to me asked.

"Yes, my wife." I said.

"I've got a girl in Colombia. I hope she's safe." He said.

"Are you from Angels?" He asked.

"Originally yes, my wife and I were raised here. But after high school we went to New Waverley. And lived together while we tried to make our mark. Part of me wished that's where we're headed." I said.

"I'm Collins." He said holding his hand out.

"Vinnie." I said.

"So how long have you and your wife been married?" He asked.

"Oh I wanna say five to six years." I said.

"Got kids?"

"Two. Haven's four and Finn's 9 months." I said.

I reached into my pack and took my sketch pad out. I flipped to one of the sketches of Evie with our kids.

"This is them."

"This is really good. Are you an artist?" Collins asked as he handed it back.

"Yes, I have a gallery in New Waverley. I'm hoping it's intact. But it's alright if it's not." I shrugged. "I'm mainly a painter. I did a portrait of my wife and her family before any of her cousins and us started having kids. It was the last portrait ever with her grand parents. Yes I've gone back and painted from photos that Maxon took. But that was the last true portrait before the next generation. Well Nina was in it."