Chapter 6

It was early in the morning when my brother and I walked to school. It had been about 3 weeks, since my first day - I made some new friends.

The chilled morning breeze helped wake me up, as I was wishing I was back in my bed. I was just about to put on my headphones and listen to some music, when Caleb started to talk to me.

"So, Vic remember don't let Jun ruin your mood today, kay?" he reminded. 

I told him the other day about the whole Jun situation. We told each other everything.

"Yes, yes, I'll remember," I emphasized the last syllables.

"Good, 'cause I don't want to have to listen to your whines, again," he teased, while jumping over the crack on the sidewalk.

I let out a dramatic yelp of pain, while I put my hand on one ear.

"Tori are you okay? What's wrong?" Caleb asked, worriedly.

"It's painful! It-it's so eerie and ear-tearing. It's the worse-ahh-sound I've ever heard!"

"What?! I don't hear anything, what sound?" He actually bought it.

"Your voice," I replied, smugly.

He opened his mouth, huffed deeply, then bumped my shoulder. "You obnoxious grindylow." A smirk crept across his cheeks.

"You gullible, malodorous mountain troll," I retorted.

I was just about shove him back when I heard a faint yell that got closer and closer. "Tori! Caleb! Wait up!" I recognized that voice as Woozi's. 

"hey, dude," Caleb greeted, looking behind me to Woozi, since he was walking on my other side.

Jun's POV

I felt that same pang in my heart, when I saw Woozi jog towards the brother and sister. Moreover, when he stood on Victoria's other side.

"Jun Hyung! C'mere!" Woozi shouted, waving his hands at me.

Despite my jealousy, I caught up with the three of them and remained calm. I noticed Caleb and Tori's looks were uneasy. I knew why Tori was looking uneasy, but Caleb? I didn't know she told him. Caleb then started talking about something that I didn't really pay attention to-I was slightly distracted by Vic and the way her brown hair flowed in the wind. It was a pretty sight, until I got a little too distracted and tripped (from stepping on Woozi's loose shoe lace). I dragged Woozi down with me and landed on his shoulder.

"Oww! Hyung!" Woozi groaned in pain.

"Woozi! Jun!" the brother and sister exclaimed at the same time.

Tori helped Woozi up and Caleb helped me. Tori (annoyingly) acted like a mother, whose child fell off the swing by swinging too high, even though he just fell and probably bruised his knee a little. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" she asked.

"Woozi, I'm so sorry! It was an accident, I promise!" I apologized.

He growled a little bit, even looked hesitant, but replied, "Fine, I forgive you."

I had a weird thought of blaming Victoria for distracting me, but that would be stupid. Plus, I would look like an even bigger jerk, than I already was to Tori. We arrived at school early and usually, Seventeen (that included me) would host a basketball match. Tori and Caleb wanted to play while Woozi, Wonwoo, Minghao, Dino, and Seungkwan (who was forced to be a substitute due to complaints from some members) sat and watched us play.   

Vic was quite the player-twisting and turning to get away from the opposing team, swiftly stealing the ball from the opposing team player, and aiming the ball perfectly at the hoop. Despite her competence, she was fair to her teammates and valued team work. I should know, since I was on her team.

Jeonghan hyung had the ball and sped to my teams' hoop, but was successfully blocked by Vernon. Vernon attempted to pass the ball to Tori, but it smashed against the wall outside of the laboratory. I heard a crack as the ball made contact with the hard, concrete wall. Right when the ball was pulled to the ground, the rest of Seventeen, Caleb, Tori, and I realized that the fire alarm was hit.

"Vernon!" everyone scolded.

Many eyed the American-Korean boy in horror, while the rest in shock.

"We could get in trouble for this," Woozi seethed, walking towards the doer.

Vernon shook his head in panic, widening his eyes at the short one.

"Please, don't tell," Vernon pleaded to everyone around him.

"Vern, we can't just-" Tori reminded, before being interrupted.

"Tori, please, don't. It's the cousin code. Don't break it," Vernon deadpanned.

"Fine, let's continue the game like nothing happened," I suggested.

Hesitantly, everyone agreed and the game continued. The members who were sitting down joined the basketball match as well. S.Coups hyung dribbled the ball that flew out of Jeonghan hyung's grip, then caught by Victoria before Caleb grabbed it. She spun past him and passed the ball to Joshua hyung. The ball was then knocked out of his grip by D.K, who passed it to Mingyu (his teammate). Dino attempted to catch the ball just as Mingyu was about to throw it towards him, but bumped into his other teammate, Minghao. Mingyu decided to throw the ball to Hoshi. Blocking Hoshi's way, Wonwoo snatched the ball and threw it to me. I caught it and passed it to Seungkwan. He threw the ball in the hoop and scored!

We continued to have fun during the game, until...