Chapter 7

Jun's POV

It was until then, when our fun ended... all because of me... I was frustrated with S.Coups, since he frequently passed the ball to Tori and vice versa, along with D.K, because he would constantly stand by Tori to try to take the ball away.

It was then, when I decided to try be noticed by Vic. I stole the ball right from Hoshi's hands and wanted to score for our team. I just about to get the ball in the other team's hoop, when someone bumped me from the back and instead of throwing it to the hoop, I threw it to Tori. She seemed unaware of the ball hurtling towards her, since it smashed right at the side of her face.

Tori's POV

One moment I was distracted by my loose shoe lace, the next I was smashed by a ball. The pain would probably have been intense, if it wasn't for the adrenaline that was already pulsing through me. I automatically covered my face, then started to lose my balance. I nearly stumbled to the ground, if it wasn't for a pair of strong arms that caught me by the shoulders.

"Tori! Oh my goodness, are you okay?"
A voice asked.

"Sit her down."
Another voice spoke.

I couldn't tell whose voice was whose, as I was experiencing dizziness and my adrenaline started to lessen-my cheek started throbbing.

"WHAT HAPPENED! WHO HIT HER! I SWEAR TO JISOO I WILL WHIP WHOEVER CAUSED THIS!" Now that, I recognized as my best friend's, Winter Yamamoto, voice. Winter, half Korean half Japanese, and I have been best friends since sixth grade. I moved schools before I started that grade, and she and I met on the first day, when she found out that I loved (and still do) Harry Potter. That was when I still lived in Canada.

The person with the strong arms guided me to a bench and set me down. Those arms didn't leave my shoulders.

"TORI! TORI, ARE YOU OKAY?!" Winter asked, with panic in her tone. I felt her sitting next to me and hugging me.

"OH MY GOODNESS, TORI!" Many voices exclaimed at the same time.

I peeked through my hands and saw that the person with the strong arms, was D.K. He worriedly looked at me, grabbed the ice pack from Vernon, then handed it to me. When I released my hand from my face to take the ice pack, I noticed all the Seventeen members crowded me.

"Tori, say something, are you alright?" Caleb bent down, so we were face-to-face. I didn't want to uncover my face, even though I wasn't crying. I didn't cry often.

"Here let me see," said Vernon. He let his knees touch the ground, next to Caleb, and removed one of my hands from my face. "Ooh, that's really red," he took the ice pack and held it against my red cheek.

"FOR JISOO'S SAKE, WHO THREW THE FLIPPING BALL AT HER!" Demanded Winter.

"Ehem, Winter, I'm right here, you know," Joshua reminded, "and why does everyone keep saying my name like that?"

"Joshua, this is not the right time," S.Coups said.

"Who threw the ball?" I half demanded, half asked.

"I did it," Jun sighed, "Tori, I'm so sorry, it was an accident, I promise."

I knew it
I thought

"Is there anything I could do to make you feel better? Anything at all?" Jun's eyes pleaded with mine for forgiveness and understanding.

"Yes, stop being such a jerk to her," spat Caleb. I noticed all eyes were on my brother.

"Jun," I began, "Can you..."

I wanted to say 'leave me alone' or 'stay away from me,' but I decided to finish the sentence with:

"Get me more ice, please?"

"Of course," and with that, he sped to the nurse's office and brought back another pack. "Will you be okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine," I spat. He looked taken aback at my response.

Quite touchy for a jerk, don't you think?
A voice in my head asked.

Um... I guess so?
I was used to having a conversation with myself.

The boys and Winter stayed with me and cheered me up. The redness mostly healed by the time the bell rang for homeroom.

One more straw left, and no more Ms. Nice Girl, Jun.