Chapter 32

Seungcheol and I walked up to the rooftop to get some fresh air and to enjoy the view. He slipped his fingers inbetween mine and rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb. He and I sat down on the chairs next to each other. I breathed in the crisp afternoon air blowing against my face in hushed tranquility. Nothing but the chiming of the birds and faint hums of the city broke the sleepy silence.

I glanced to my left and noticed Seungcheol resting his head on his hand, head tilted and admiring the scene. Seungcheol looked so pure and innocent. He shifted his head so that he was facing me. When I saw the way he smiled, I pictured Junhui in his place. I've caught Jun gazing at me with pure emotions in his eyes. I didn't completely believe Jun when he said that he was over me. The sinful part of me wished he still did; I forced myself not to think about it. I repeatedly mentally punched myself.

I really liked Seungcheol, and vise versa. With his free hand, he tucked my side bangs behind my ear to keep it from flying around. The brush of Seungcheol's fingers tickled my sensitive ears.

"Thank you," he whispered softly, audible enough to clearly hear.

"For what?"

"For saying yes."

I leaned against his broad shoulder and took in his scent.

"Hey, oppa?"

"Yes, Tori?"

"Do you think we can last?"

"Of course; I can't imagine being with anyone else."

*~*~*~

We walked back to my hospital room to get Seungcheol's belongings so that he and the rest of Seventeen could go back to their dorm. As I was walking, I received a message from Winter.

Yammy motto:
hey im goin to ur hospital
room

Tori Vega:
aight, r u ok? u dont
usually txt lyk dis

Yammy motto:
I'll tell u wen i get there
yea

Tori Vega:
oke, here's smthn to
cheer u up

Yammy motto:
ur not gonna send a
compilation of jun's nyeac
nyeac r u?

Tori Vega:

dis is my reaction wen u tell me ur sad bcuz as ur bro i needa keepu happy

u tell me ur sad bcuz
as ur bro i needa keep
u happy

dis is my reaction wen u tell me ur sad bcuz as ur bro i needa keepu happy

this is me after findin
out what or who made
u upset

this is me after findinout what or who madeu upset

n dis is me wen
ur happy agen

Yammy motto:
i-
that was beautiful.
u just had to add nick
crompton didnt u

Tori Vega:
u kno wat else is
beautiful? de city of
england

Before I could read Winter's response, S.coups lightly pushed my phone down, making me look up at him. He told me to pay more attention to him. I obliged and entered my room to be greeted by Caleb, who was working on his laptop.

"Hey, you just started dating, no holding hands yet. Especially when I'm here," Caleb commanded.

Seungcheol and I let our hands go - he looked surprised at first.

"Better. Seungcheol take good care of my sister. Our parents trust you."

S.coups nodded and smiled at the mention of my parents trusting him. At first his smile faded ever so slightly and I saw slight remorse in his eyes, but quickly lit up. He packed up his things and left with the other members, who were playing in the court.

Soon Winter arrived looking a bit down in the dumps. Caleb excused himself to the bathroom as I hugged my best friend and asked her what happened.

"You know I liked Hyungwon, right?" She sighed. "And that I hung out with him today."

"Yes. What did he do?"

"He..."

"I swear if he hurts you."

"He has a fiancé."

My eyes popped out of my sockets.

Hyungwon has a fiancé? Already? But he hasn't even graduated high school yet.

Winter elaborated, saying that it was a family business thing, but he and the girl actually loved each other. I hugged Winter and comforted her some more. I started lightening up the mood and made her laugh.

"Oh, by the way, Hyungwon said that it would be longer until he could finally meet you again, since he would be busy."

"That's okay, so do you want to re-watch '13 Reasons Why'?" I responded.

"Let's prepare some tissues before we do," She added.

***
i just published this from the grave cuz i saw Donghae n Eunhyuk irl n EUNHYUK FRIKIN MURDERED ME WEN HE LOOKED AT ME N SLICED ME WITH HIS SHARP ASF JAWLINE *inhuman screeching noises*