Chapter 26

"Yes," S.Coups replied, "For a while there I thought you had forgotten."

My heart swelled as I bit my bottom lip to contain my growing smile. But something wasn't right. A feeling deep inside contradicted his words. However I pushed that aside and continued bubbling with happiness.

"Really?"

"Yep, I can be your hero~" He sang.

Aw, what a dork

He leaned in and wrapped me in a hug. I did the same as I took in his scent: minty cologne. He rested his head on my shoulder; I let my chin sit on his. His breathing, steady, his whole body, slightly tense but was slowly relaxing. Seungcheol looked at me with sparkly eyes after he and I pulled away. I could see pure happiness in his chocolate-brown eyes - the mirror that reflected true feelings and emotions, for eyes could never lie.

Seungcheol's warm hands folded on my smaller hands, warming my almost lifeless-like figure. His smile: it sent out a warm, gentle aura that filled up the room. That moment may have been short and simple, but it was magical.

"Tori..." S.Coups began.

"Yes, oppa?"

He became nervous and slightly shaky. S.coups' pupils swelled as he looked from my hands and back to my face.

"S-saranghae," he stuttered.

Suddenly, my mouth went dry as I lay, frozen and unable to say anything. I had never done or said that to anyone. I struggled to think of something to say back. It was not as easy as you think it would be. Love  is not something that you should play with - it's not all about having fun.

Thankfully Seungcheol stood patiently, waiting for my reply. However I could tell that it was nerve-wracking for him too.

"I- nado s-sarangh-haeyo." I wanted to smack my head for stuttering so much.

He turned slightly pink as he bit his lower lip to keep his smile from exploding right out of his face. I blushed as Seungcheol pulled my hands up to his face, then covered his lips with my hands.

Jun's POV

I had woken up later than most of Seventeen and was left behind when the bunch were on the way to the hospital. I had to wait for the car to come back to go visit Tori at the hospital with Minghao. I still worried about her condition even though I knew she was recovering. I even stayed up late in her hospital room with her family a few times just to make sure she was okay. Her family was sometimes asleep when I took care of and stayed with her. S.coups hyung would be the one to tell me to go back home and pick me up. I always made sure Tori's family wouldn't tell her that I stayed up there.

"Hyung, are you okay?" The8 asked, "You seem tense."

"Kind of," I replied. It had been over a week since the surgery, and finally she had woken up. I was excited yet nervous seeing her.

Minghao was one of the few people who knew about my feelings towards Tori. He knew about my jealousy, but didn't judge me for it. He squeezed my shoulder and gave me a reassuring smile. I smiled back and put my arm around his shoulders.

Minghao and I traveled our way up to the third floor where Tori's room was. We were greeted by Seokmin and Seungkwan running around the corridor in a Naruto style.

"Hi hyung/s!" They both said at the same time. They then continued running.

We looked at each other with confused expressions then shook it off, since coming from two of the gag trio, it was pretty normal. Minghao and I continued our way to Tori's room. When we arrived, I heard some talking. It sounded like Seungcheol hyung along with Tori. I peeked through the door, without being noticed and saw them holding hands. I felt my jealousy start to bubble again but mainly it was hurt that took over.

"Saranghae," Hyung confessed

"Nado saranghaeyo," Tori said back.

No...

All my jealousy went away as I started to felt weak. An almost unbearable pain quickly enlarged. Many times I heard that heart-break was like Hell, but I didn't know that it felt that painful. I then felt useless, unwanted, and pathetic. Like I couldn't feel happiness anymore. I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry; but I didn't have any tears. Only regrets and what-ifs.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I had forgotten that Minghao was there. He looked at me with sympathy. I returned it with a painful smile. We moved away from that room as Minghao wrapped his arm around my shoulders, holding me steady.

"Hyung, are you-"

"I'm fine," I replied brusquely.

"No, you're not. I was going to ask if you were going to move on quickly," Minghao corrected.

"Hard to say..." I muttered, "I'll let her go, but it doesn't mean that I'll move on fast."

We stopped walking. I leaned my head on his shoulder and let myself rest against him.

"Do you need time alone?" The8 asked in a comforting manner.

I looked at the janitors' closet next to me. "I'll hang out in there."

Minghao nodded and released his arm. I opened the door and slightly jumped when I saw Joshua hyung with a bag covering the top of his head. He looked at me with the same shocked, yet somewhat exhausted expression.

"Joshua hyung? What are you doing here?" I questioned.

He hesitated then sighed.

"Winter rejected me," hyung muttered loud enough for me to hear.

"I-I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault."

I sat down on the opposite side of Joshua hyung. We were both sort of on the same boat. I pulled my legs against my chest and rested my head on my knees. I was exhausted as well.

"What happened to you? You look terrible," Joshua hyung commented.

I chuckled sadly. "I lost someone important to me."

"Heart-break, huh? I feel you."

We stayed in a comfortable silence until hyung started talking again.

"You like Tori, don't you?"

I nodded. "But she's S.coups hyung's," I added.

"I want her to be happy - and if she's happy with hyung, then I won't get in their way," I continued, "I still like her, but I'll let her go."

He nodded in acknowledgement and smiled slightly.

"Do you think I'll find someone else? Someone who'll love me?" he asked.

"Of course. But what's true love without pain in the process?" I answered.

But what if the pain isn't worth it? 

"You're the school's heartthrob, hyung. Of course you'll find at least one person."

Hyung and I chuckled in a melancholy manner to try to lighten the mood.

*~*~*~
HII I'M NOT DEAD!! Sorry for the slow updates, I had a bad case of writers' block. I wanted to write a little extra cuz this story is coming to an end.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

SYK it ain't ending yet. I still got a lottttt of ideas to put in before this ends.