Chapter 25

Winter's POV

I ran out of the room and through the hallways to find someplace to hide. Anywhere. I was so embarrassed; Joshua did it in front of everyone. Like, okay, I get that I'm beautiful and all, but please keep your hormones to yourself. I knew that there's a battle going on in there but seriously though. At least it wasn't on my lips.

"Winter!" I heard someone call. Someone all too familiar.

Joshua Hong Kong

His voice became clearer and clearer as I started to panic. I finally found the janitor's closet and slipped into it. I closed the door as quietly as I could and slowly backed away from it. Unluckily I stepped on something slippery that sent me falling backwards. I cursed out loud as a mop fell on my hair. I landed in a large box of supplies.

I grunted in pain and shoved the mop away. Tsk, that mop be trying to compete against my beautiful hair to see who could be Winter's Next Top Hair. I heard the door knob turn as I looked side to side in panic. I found a paper bag and quickly put it on my head, blending in with my surroundings; becoming one with the boxes.

"Winter?" Joshua called in a whisper, "Are you- there you are."

"No, this is not Winter," I muffled.

"Winter take off that bag," Joshua sighed calmly, closing the door.

I stayed quiet as Joshua took the bag off my head.

"Winter, I-"

"Yo! What was that for?" I practically yelled.

He kept stuttering as I got out of the box, holding my paper bag.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it..." he finally answered.

"Boy, you need some self-control. But like, why? Are you trying to seduce me or something? I know I'm kissable, but why in front of them? Why'd you do that?"

"Winter, I like you."

I widened my eyes in shock. Shucks I did not want that to happen. I had a feeling that he did, but ignored it so it wouldn't be awkward. After he confessed, I felt even more awkward.

"Joshua..." I began. "I'm sorry, okay, I really am; but I don't feel the same way."

"...oh."

"You're my bro, and that's what I'll think of you as. I'm sorry, Joshua. I- never mind."

"What is it? What did you want to say?"

"N-nothing," I started to stutter. I cursed myself for suddenly stuttering.

"Winter, what is it?" he asked, slightly depressed. He then sighed, "There's someone else, is there?"

"What! N-no!" I then cursed myself for being defensive; I was being obvious.

"There is someone. I can tell..." he smiled bitterly. "I promise I won't tell."

I sighed. I guess I could tell him. It's the least I could do after rejecting him.

"We're not dating; it's just a crush. He's Chae Hyungwon."

You see, when Seventeen was busy with Tori, I hung out with Hyungwon and two of his friends, Minhyuk and Kihyun. We grew close, but I was still closer to Tori. She, however, didn't know about me hanging out with them; since it would cause drama. Hyungwon and Tori were exes. Thankfully Tori was completely over him. Hyungwon, Minhyuk, and Kihyun were juniors, so we didn't get to see them often. They were at a different building, but it still was connected to the building for freshman and sophomores.

Joshua's eyes widened as he spoke, "Chae Hyungwon? You mean flower boy?" There was a bit of mock in his voice.

"Yes, him, now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to drink bleach- I mean go back to Tori. She needs me."

He looked down and stepped aside to make way to the door. I wanted to sprint out but as I got to the door, I stopped.

"Joshua..."

He looked up with a bit of hope in his eyes.

"Here." I put my paper bag on his head. "It helps."

I admit he looked dumb with a bag on his head, but I was trying to lighten the mood. Surprisingly he pulled the bag down to cover his face and slid down the wall in silence. I told him that he looked just as weird as I did when I put the bag on, but no reply. I bit my lip and exited the room.

Well that just happened.