Chapter 33

The next few days were filled with small dates with Seungcheol, singing/screaching random songs with Seungkwan, bickers and roasts with Jeonghan, friendly talks with Jun, driving Winter crazier, and more. Jennie and Ash had been visiting more often and spending time with the boys as well.

"Yo, Choi Victoria!" Jennie called.

I perked up my eyebrows and hummed in response.

"Your boyfriend is outside."

"Jennie, that's Jun, not Seungcheol," I informed.

"Tori's got a lot of boys, man," Winter conjectured.

I lightly glared at Winter. My father raised his eyebrow at the two of us before looking back at his computer screen.

"I still don't get why Jun's not yours. Like, he takes better care of you than your actual boyfriend," Jennie stated.

I wanted to argue, but something held my words back. I shook my head in attempt to clear my mind. I stood up and opened the door for Junhui to enter.

The tall one entered the room, greeting everyone inside. His eyes sparkled when they met mine. Junhui handed me a white bag, saying that there was chicken teriyaki inside. Jennie gave me a look telling me that what had just happened backed up her argument. I thanked the Chinese boy and invited him inside - in which he obliged. My dad tore his eyes away from his laptop screen to offer Junhui a seat on the chair adjacent to where my dad was sitting. My father smiled as he and Jun started a conversation. It was obvious he liked Jun very much, but I couldn't see why my dad seemed to not like Seungcheol in the same way. My mother, too, liked Jun a lot, and he was more than happy to talk to her as well as my father.

I slightly smiled at that sight, but returned to the attention of my friends. Ash went out to buy some snacks, leaving Winter and Jennie hungry. I even caught them staring at my bag of food longingly.

"I'm going to look for Caleb," I declared. "Do not eat my food," I added towards the pouting Winter and Jennie, eyeing them both.

"Yes, do find him," my mother responded.

"Don't let your chicken get cold!" Jun interjected.

"Aye, aye, captain!" I saluted. Jun chuckled softly before I left the room.

I slightly winced as my right elbow bounced against the hard, wooden door. I continued right and made a left turn soon slowing to a halt as I heard distressed whispers echoing through the minute slit between the floor and the bottom of the closed door. That voice sounded familiar, yet it was so hushed that I couldn't pin-point whom it belonged to, moreover I could barely filter words out of the whispers. I knew better than to eavesdrop but my feet were paralyzed on the vicinity of the mahogany door - right in past the door, flat against the wall.

"Never in my years of teaching!" a high pitched voice shrilled.

Mrs. Kim?

The voice wasn't very clear, suggesting that her voice came through a phone. Though the sound wasn't very clear, I could recognize Mrs. Kim's voice anywhere.

"Please, Mrs. Kim! I beg you! For the sake of my relationship with my family!" the other voice - that sounded like a male - pleaded in a whisper-like tone.

"You know the punishments for your actions."

"Yes, and I will willingly take them. Just please, please let this be between us only!"

I was bewildered at the fact that the male would be that desperate just to keep his secret safe between him and the principal. I had a notion that the principal and the desperate male were having an affair that went wrong. But as soon as that query jumped in my mind, I repelled it, thinking there was a better, more reasonable explanation to the conversation.

Call me nosy, but I wanted to find out who that person was; I thought that it would be related to who or whatever caused the fire at the school. That person had to be a student of my principal, or else she wouldn't have mentioned her 'years of teaching' or remind the male of his 'punishment.'

Before I could sneak another sentence from the room, my phone muffled a ding in my pocket. My lungs lunged and clenched my panicky heart. The message that popped onto my notifications didn't help with the sudden heart attack.

Unknown:
hello tori, it's been a
while