Chapter 31

I felt relived that he had lost his infatuation on me. I didn't want to hurt him because of liking someone else. I wouldn't say that I loved Seungcheol, but I did like him very, very much. I had only hoped that he felt the same way.

Then I heard a knock on the door. It creaked open, revealing the angelic S.coups. Junhui's eyes widened in what looked like fear and nervousness, but before I could ask what was wrong, Jun abruptly stood up and opened the door wider for Seungcheol. He thanked his dongsaeng and proceeded to smile at me, causing my cheeks to turn crimson.

Seungcheol gave Junhui a look, in which Jun understood like a signal before slipping out the door. I furrowed my eyebrows and opened my mouth to interrogate S.coups, but he beat me to it.

"Tori ah~ please come to the green garden with me," he requested, mustering the cutest face he could.

I sighed and smiled, then replied with an okay. Seungcheol grinned ear to ear, afterwords he offered his arm to help me steady my wobbly legs. When we reached the elevator, I let go of his arm assuring him that I could walk on my own.

"Aw, my baby girl's all grown up," Seungcheol cooed.

I rolled my eyes playfully and crossed my arms. Seungcheol smiled and scrunched up his nose, while rubbing my cheek. I winced before he quickly pulled away, realizing that my burnt cheeks still stung.

"I'm sorry, if I'd known, I wouldn't have done it!" he apologized.

I scoffed, "that's what your mom said when you were born."

Seungcheol left his mouth agape.

"Honey, close your mouth, you can admire me later."

Seungcheol half scoffed, half laughed and ruffled my hair.

"You drive me crazy you know that?" he acquainted.

I smugly smiled and walked out of the elevator with him. S.coups closed my eyes from behind and guided me to the destination. When we arrived, I heard muffled whispering around me. I was told to keep my eyes closed in which I obliged.

I felt a pair of arms rest on my shoulders.

"Keep your eyes closed; I'll guide you," a deep voice whispered. That voice sent shivers down my spine. I recognized it as Wonwoo's.

In accordance to what he had said, Wonwoo led me further in the destination. I was growing more and more skeptical. The arms finally left my shoulders.

"Open your eyes."

My eyelids fluttered open, taking in the beautiful view of garden along with Seungcheol holding a bouquet of colorful flowers. Next to him was Joshua holding a guitar, smiling approvingly to the both of us. Adjacent to the boys in front and I were the rest of Seventeen and Caleb.

Caleb and Junhui were giving me a thumbs up, while the BooSeokSoon trio and Jeonghan were fake crying

Caleb and Junhui were giving me a thumbs up, while the BooSeokSoon trio and Jeonghan were fake crying. Mingyu, Wonwoo, Minghao, and Vernon were holding in their giddiness. Dino and Jihoon were taking pictures and videos.

It was as if something clogged my throat - I was speechless.  Nor could I move. Soon the melodious sound of the beginning of 'White Girl' by Monsta X played on Joshua's guitar. The ear-pleasing tune was accompanied by Seungcheol's soft singing:

I was very lonely actually
You know when you strangely feel empty
I was in a lot of pain
When you can’t sleep for some reason
Something like that

He continued singing, at the same time stepping closer to me and taking my hands in his, handing me the flowers. I bit my lip to contain my erupting smile, and looked down in shyness.

Oh baby how long will you
Leave me alone like this
White girl
You can fill up my everything

My smile burst from the grip of my teeth.

Saranghaeyo

I looked up at him, meeting his sparkling eyes. They were so full of love and honesty. His smile, too, was as gentle and loving as a warm blanket on a cold day. But for some reason, the look on his eyes and his smile didn't quite match up to Jun's. I snapped out of my thoughts and focussed on the person in front of me.

As the others sang the rest of 'White Girl,' Seungcheol began:

"Choi Victoria, it has been almost a year since we first met. Everyday with you has been and will always be a blessing. I love you, Tori, I hope you know that...

"Which is why I want to officially call you mine. I hope that I'll make you as happy as you could be. I want you, Tori. Will you be my girlfriend?"

To keep my tears from brimming, I pulled Seungcheol into a cuddle and burried my face in his shoulder, muffling a yes. I could practically hear the smile on his face as he hugged back, tighter.

Jun's POV

The dreadful day finally came. Hyung asked Tori to be his. I didn't know which was sadder: the fact that Seungcheol hyung concluded that I stopped liking Tori because I planned and gave ideas for the proposal, or that it seemed like he didn't care about what I felt. Planning the event for Seungcheol - because he was busy with other things - was the first step to truly letting go of my first love.

Tori's and Seungcheol's best day ever was one of my worst. I had to fake my smile the whole time. No matter how badly I wanted to run away, I stayed put. I even tried to reassure Tori that everything was fine by giving her a thumbs up.

The way he looked at her and the way she looked back at him was enough to tell me that Tori was in good hands. The only thing easing my aching heart was the beautiful smile plastered on her face. I loved seeing her happy.

Goodbye, Choi Victoria. I'm officially letting you go.