Chapter 38

After the thirty minute break was over, I walked over to some of the boys who were in the corner to tell them that their break was over.

"Minghao, Dino, Jun, your break's over!"

The8 groaned and slowly got up, kicking Jun and Dino in the process to get them up. Unsuccessfully, Chan and Junhui stayed flat on the floor. I told Minghao to go to S.coups and that I would wake Jun and Dino up.

Poor things, tired to very bone

I kneeled down and shook their shoulders gently. I repeatedly called their names and told them to wake up. Dino opened one eye, then the other. He shielded his eyes from the blinding light.

"Channie, wake up, your thirty minutes are up," I said, gently.

"Guardian angel is that you? Am I dead?" Dino asked.

"No, Chan, it's your noona, and no you're not dead," I chuckled. "But you will be if Seungcheol oppa doesn't see you up."

With that Dino sprung up and landed flat on his feet. I envied his talent at dancing; I wished that I wasn't still recovering from my injuries. I swept the traumatizing memories out of my head and focussed on Jun.

"Junhui, wake up!"

He, instead of waking up, rolled to face me - still asleep - and muttered:

"Mhh, not yet, darling."

I widened my eyes and felt my cheeks heating up. The same butterflies that flew inside my stomach reawakened, creating a ticklish sensation.

"J-Jun, it's Tori. You gotta practise," I stated.

At that his eyes opened and he quickly sat up. Jun's cheeks were as pink as they were when he had danced.

I chuckled to lighten the tension between us.

"Good dream?" I bantered, cheekily.

"Y-yes," Jun stuttered.

"Good! Now off you go!"

I repeatedly slapped his knee, which he returned with pouts. He held out his hand and helped me get up. Our faces were close, almost too close. I stepped back and was the first to turn around and walk to Jennie. Jun's eyes were a beautiful brown. They seemed to sparkle whenever he looked at me.

Jennie scooted closer to me and gave me a knowing look.

"You sure Jun isn't the guy for you?"

"Yes, Jen, I have Seungcheol oppa."

"But Tor, I have a bad feeling about him. I saw the way he pulled you, and that jealous look he gave when Minggyu saved you," She whispered, worriedly.

"isn't it kind of odd that he's taking this a little too seriously? He never worked them this hard before," Jennie added.

The more I thought about it, the worse my mood got. The way he got mad at his teammates, his mood swings, and his passive aggression. I made up the excuse that he was just tired and stressed. Jennie shrugged and told me that I shouldn't be blinded by love.

"Remember, if he does hurt you, tell Winter, Ash, and I," She reminded.

I smiled at her. "I will. I just hope it doesn't happen."

*~*~*~
Woooooo we're at 10k reads!!! Thank you alllll<3333