43. The Reunion

Every parting gives a foretaste of death, every reunion a hint of the resurrection. 

     ~  Arthur Schopenhauer

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Fast forward four years...

Ayaan:

"I don't know what you will do, but get the meeting rescheduled for tomorrow it else you are fired, Mustafa. And yeah that dumb thing called the marriage of yours will not be happening."

And that was the only thing which brought fear in that stupid guy.

"Sir, my Nikah is important than my life please don't do this sir, how will I produce kids? Sir, please spare me..."

I chuckled and ordered him to finish my work and he asked me to give a little time so I asked him to finish within twenty-four hours. I don't know why people still believe in love and marriage kind of stuff as they are nothing but just don't sort of illusion.

As I finished the call I found the most beautiful and most precious angel whom I tried to forget was in front of me. As the memories rushed back to me I snapped out of it but she was still in the middle of the road, speaking to someone, holding the handle of her vehicle and oblivious to the whole world. How could she be so irresponsible? Anger flared up in me and so did the pitch of the honking of the horn in my car. But she didn't budge.

I panicked I neared her and she felt the presence of my car hence she tried to do something but eventually fell and I tried to not to hit her so I turned my car towards left yet I was not focused on my driving but was concentrated on her. At last, I heard a bang then I felt myself go forward and the side of my head started to throb and the familiar pain engulfed me which pushed me into the darkness.

__________________________________________

Sparsh:

Tears streamed out of my eyes as if there is no tomorrow. Why? Why am I in this situation now? I know I was supposed to meet him again and explain myself to him according to the contract and all but why like this? Its too soon and I don't have any valid reason to resonate myself.

'As if you would have met him without a push on your back.'

My conscience chided me. Okay fine, I agree that I was trying to find excuses to avoid him, yet he was not supposed to get hurt. This is not fair-

"Sparshy!"

Listening two female voices after four long years, the rush of memories related to those voices made me squeeze my eyes shut as the moisture glazed in my eyes. Finally, I turned to face them and soon I was engulfed in the bear hug.

"Just-just don't do this ever again. We all didn't know how to handle him without you."

When Ashie said that I didn't know anything else but to break down. Soni hugged me again and started to whisper everything would be fine. But I knew it all well that nothing's going to be right. He despises me in every way possible.

"So what brings you here Miss golddigger?"

"Ron-"

"Rohan for you."

Even though Ron's harsh words and piercing gaze did hurt me, I smiled slightly knowing the reason for his anger. He has always been worried for his friend after all. So instead of indulging myself in pools of tears I shook my head and smiled at his questions.

"Ronnie, not fair! You know it very well that what she has done and why. You should not tag her like this."

Ash chided Ron but he did nothing but glare at me.