42. The Parting

"The heart dies a slow death, shedding each hope like leaves until one day there are none. No hopes. Nothing remains."

- Chiyo Sakamoto Memoirs of Geisha
*************************************
Ayaan:

All I wanted was to bury myself in alcohol to drown all my misery in it. But I wanted answers from her. I wanted to know how could she use me while she was with Raghav all this time? Or she has been told to do such things maybe? My head had been spinning in confusion and it was hard to tell what is what.

"Where is Sparsh? I will kill her when I get hands on her. How come you guys didn't come to party? You weren't supposed go away just like that, both of you!"

I just gave a small smile and asked her to wait for that traitor. She gave a nod and started to pacing here and there. Yeah, when she will get to know about true colours of Sparsh, she won't be worrying about her any more.

_______________________________________________
Sparsh:

I took a deep breath and started myself at mirror. There was a small band-aid on the top of my forehead and I quickly hid it by covering my fringe on my forehead. As aayi came to know all about this yesterday, she dragged me out and was about to take me to Ayaan's home but I explained her how Deepali is and made her to keep quiet all about this. I limped over living room and gradually sat over the couch after I got ready.

"You could still reveal the truth and your love will not be hurt in any way. Everyone are not as lucky as you to find true love. He will understand what you have went through and you both could find a solution for this girl-"

I hugged aayi so that she wouldn't sign anything and slowly I pulled away and I replied her as sternly as possible.

"I don't want to witness death of people who are close to me all because of my selfish love. Aayi that girl could kill Sonal, Rohan, My Ayaan or you. And I know how she is not you. I have faced the monster not you."

Yeah I know I was rude and I saw that in aayi's face that she is hurt but I can't change my decision. I turned away and I don't know what happened, as I heard car honking and happily I hurried downstairs not minding those stinging pains occurring from my sides. When I went near the car, I hugged the person who was waiting for me from his back and I felt a kind of bliss that he is finally here.

"Why are you so late Ayaan? You should have-"

"Raghav Sparsh! I am not Ayaan, I am Raghav."

Yeah truth does hurt me But this has a greater impact on me than anything. Then the same thing made me wonder as Ayaan never came to pick me up yesterday or he never did call me. Is that it? Is his love for me is so weak that he stopped worrying about me?-

"Are you getting in?"

Raghav asked me while he kept the door open for me. I gave a nod and say inside then he went to the driver seat too. The whole ride I kept on thinking how I would face him and how I will answer him but I didn't find any way to get out of it. Raghav parked his car and opened the door for me. I have him a small smile and tried to get out without any pain. But when I stood up a kind of stinging pain made me to gasp and stumble a little.

Soon Raghav held me yet I wasn't able to stop myself from wincing. I prayed Gannuji to give me more strength to hurt my love for good and then I proceeded to canteen where all of them were waiting for me.

"So the princess finally arrived here. Guys, look who is she with now, the great and famous Raghav Singhaniya. So, as you made your appearance with him, how was your ride princess?"