1 year

1 year.

I had about a years worth of life left in me.

When the doctors told me, I didn't respond.

It's not that I was in shock or anything. I just, didn't feel the need to cry at the moment. Why would I cry in front of someone I barely knew?

"I love you Izuku. You hear me? I'll make this last year with you the best EVER!"My mother began to cry into my shoulder leaving it damp.

"I love you too... But please... Don't cry... You'll only make me cry." My vision became blurry. The white hospital room before me becoming a massive white blob. The light blue sheets wrinkled from my now clenched fist.

My mother soon let go of me and quickly left the room, leaving me alone to be consumed by my thoughts.

The first thing that came to mind, was Kacchan.
'What would Kacchan think? He'd probably say something about me being a nerd or something. If only I could have told him how I felt. I guess it doesn't matter though. I might get hurt anyways."

As if on cue, Kacchan came bursting through the door.

"Damn nerd, making me come all this way for you."

The ends of my lips formed into a smile. "Called it."

He was soaking wet. His once spiky hair was flattened and stuck to his cheeks and back of his neck. With every step he took, he left a wet footprint in its place. I looked out the window. Grey clouds hovered the sky and droplets of water covered the window.

'It's raining. He ran in the rain for me with no protection whatsoever. Did Kacchan actually... care?'

Just the thought made my heart fill with joy. He might actually care.

He clenched his fists. Red eyes becoming glazed. "Why'd it have to be you of all people." He growled. "Not you, Deku." His voice cracked slightly.
I quickly looked down. I didn't want to see his expression. It'd probably hurt me too much.

"Please... Not you," Unlike his usual voice that was filled with annoyance and aggressiveness, he sounded distressed.
I stole a glance at him. I watched as tears had spilled down from his eyes.

Kacchan never cries.

Ever.

By now, he was coming right at me. Although he was crying, Kacchan seemed angry. It was never good when he was angry. I began to flinch. "Kacchan, it's not my fault. I-"

What he did next was unexpected.

He hugged me.

He pulled me into a tight embrace, burring his face into my shoulder. "I know you idiot. What do you think I am? Stupid?" I wrapped my arms around him securely. Ignoring the fact the he was soaking wet. "No. Not at all."

He sat down next to me in my hospital bed and grabbed my hand tightly. "A year, huh." He tried to sound as gentle as he could, which had ended most horribly. Adorable.

I gave a slight nod. "Yup, a year."

He pulled away from me and made a forced smile.
"Then I'll make this the best year of your life, and that's a promise, Deku."

I began to smile as I let out a giggle. "Alright, Kacchan."

Kacchan always keeps his promises.

Always.