Mourning Sickness

//BIG ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER!! PLEASE READ!//

8:21

Izuku clung onto Katsuki for dear life. On the bright side, he hasn't spoken at all. He might've been able to scratch off another. Not that it mattered. He drowned his face into the fabric of the blonde's red shirt. The blonde merely stared longingly at his hurt boyfriend.

It had been a week since the funeral.

It was a silent reception. No words were spoken. Not that there was enough people to share them anyways.

The boy sniffled, his hands curling into the other's collar. He ran his hand through wavy curls in an attempt to sooth the boy. Possibly to send him into a dreamless slumber where his worries were non-existent.

As he stroked his curls and Deku's eyelids scrunched together, the blonde began to wonder.

Just how badly would it hurt to lose the love of his life?

Would it be a heartache?

The blonde could only imagine himself growing numb. He shuttered at the very thought of being cold once again.

He never wanted to lose his Izuku Midoriya.

His Izuku Midoriya.

The very boy who tamed the cruel beast within just a few seconds with his effortless methods.

Smiling.
The light stroke of a hand.
Inevitable eye contact.
His soft whisper of a voice.

The only person who could get away with yelling at him.

The only person who made him paitient.

The one who made him strong.

Not physically of course.

Izuku made Katsuki stronger in the sense of being able to do things he had never been able to do.

Express his feelings.

Swallow his pride.

Face his fear.

In that sense,

Izuku nade him so strong.

Invincible,

yet so weak.

He rubbed circles into his quivering back.

As badly as he wanted Izuku to just forget he couldn't. Toshinori deserved to be rembered, but not like this.

The blonde sighed. Rolling off his bed as the spring box creaked. Izuku's dead eyes followed the figure as he lazily reached out for him, his hand hanging low. He whimpered out so desperately and melancholic Katsuki's heart had broke then and there. It took all his might to walk out of his room like it was the most casual thing ever. Despite the fact he just walked out on his hurting boyfriend.

He slipped on his shoes at the door and grabbed his jacket from the coat rack and an umbrella.

It was drizzling.

...

"That'll be 23.94, sir." The cashier called out happily.

"Cash or credit? Hello?...Sir are you alright?"

The blonde snapped out of his daze, soon pulling out his wallet from his back pocket and giving a small eighth of a smile.