Birthday Special - Part II ~ Butterflies🦋

"So now what?" Izuku clung tightly to the red presents handles.

"We go to the park." He replied, a bit nervous. Just five minuets ago, just before they left, Uraraka had told him everything was ready at the park. The couple had also gotten permission to change in the restaurant. Izuku felt a bit embarrassed, despite him planning the whole thing, he felt so underdressed. He just seemed so...plain. Katsuki on the other hand looked like a million bucks.

How did such a bold and awesome guy end up with someone so plain and awkward? It just didn't make sense at all. To him that is.

"We're here, Deku. Now what?" He asked rather softly, nudging the other just as softly as his voice had been. The blonde gave a half smile. Izuku snapped out of it, upon realizing he had a task at hand.

"Oh yeah!" He placed his shaking hands over the blonde's eyes. "No peeking Kacchan." The blonde chuckled.

"No peeking. I promise."

The two began to walk, slowly, due to both of their limited movements.

"Just a bit more to the left..." he intructed.

"Aaaand we're here!" Izuku finally let the blonde open his eyes.

Before them a blanket had been laid down. In the middle was a picnic basket.

"I bought all your favorite snacks...I mean I did owe you...I was thinking we could go star gazing for a bit?"

...

"How do you see them so easily. All I see is...well stars!" His hands flailed up exasperatedly. He truly couldn't see what the blonde could see. The constellations, the clusters of stars mean to be things. It just wasn't there, well not for him, at least. The blonde chucked as Izuku rolled over in a pout. "You're so good at this. Well actually you good at everything! I bet you're gonna be an awesome drummer." The blonde frowned. Normally, he would've like the praise, but he heard the sadness in his voice. He knew Izuku thought he was worthless. The blonde flicked the other's forehead.

"Stop pouting. It's adorably sad." The blonde continued to drop the names of constellations that Izuku just didn't bother to pick up. He stared at the only star that seemed to matter. The blonde laying next to him.

Katsuki sighed.

"Ok it's obvious you're not into this, why don't we just pack up and go-"

"No!" Izuku's hand practically swatted down the hand that Katsuki was going to use to pick himself up. The two laid in a state of shock, both surprised at what Izuku just did. Crimson eyes were practically glued to Izuku now, it was obvious something was up. "I mean I have to er..." he sat up, now clutching the small red present in his hands, ushering it forward like a nervous school girl in the middle of the confession. He began to look down, trying to hide his nervous habit of biting his lip. He of course tried his hardest to stop so he could keep his mouth shut in fear of muttering the contents of the red bag.

"I want to give this to you, but before...before I do, I have to say something."

Just as he was about to make a joke Katsuki took notice to Izuku's nervous ticks and sat up as well. This was serious. His breaths began to slow down upon the blonde putting a lock of his curls behind a reddening ear. The blonde smiled softly, resulting in a whole percussion line flourishing in the latter's chest. The butterflies in his stomach with wing speeds equivalent to that of humming birds was getting unbearable but it seemed to settle down after that smile, if only a bit.