Best Friend?

"So, what happened?" By now the short jumpy brunette was on the couch next to a dumbfounded me, my hand quivering above my lips.

My blush grew. "Kacchan tried to kiss me." I answered softly. "The one and only Katsuki Bakugou wanted to kiss me!" I said more confidently. "I can't believe he actually likes me." I said more quietly. Uraraka scoffed. "You're barely figuring this out? I mean come on, he's cried for you, skipped school days for you, he's trying to help you finish that bucket list of yours, heck, he'd even rather be stuck in a hospital with you than hang out with his friends after school." My blush only grew. Was it that oblivious? Why was I only figuring this out?

"How did you find out about thi-"

"A nurse finds out a lot of things." She winks before getting up.

"Now eat your food before it gets cold!" She pointed to a tray filled with a chicken sandwich, apple slices, jello, and ice cream. "I think it's already cold." I stated jokingly. She gave a smiled, waving goodbye an exiting the room. I ate my food and turned off the tv, forgetting entirely about the All Might movie. Kacchan was flooding my mind entirely. I began to wonder how it would be to kiss him, to be his.

"What's an old man gotta do to get some decent service over here?" I heard though the thin wall to my left, curiosity surging through me like Pandora with her stupid jar.

The next thing I knew, I was in front of the old man's door, his nagging yet to be ceased. I opened the door slowly. "Um, excuse me, I could hear you all the way from my room, I was wondering if you're ok."

**
The dimly lit white room was quite dull compared to the young boys room that was filled with practically every color from the spectrum. The lights were off, the only sources of light were from the partially opened curtains and the soft light that had left the tv.

There were quite a lot of machines, the masses of wires all leading to a shriveled man. He was extremely thin, his arms slightly bigger than a group of twigs. His shoulder length greying blonde hair seemed be everywhere. His posture wasn't the best, boney shoulders hunched forward. A baggy hospital gown covered his small thinning frame. Dull blue eyes left the the news channel and made their way to Izuku's. "What do you want?" He asked bitterly.

The boy motioned to the light switch. "May I?"

"You may not." He answered coldly. "The light hurts my eyes." His hand moved away from the switch, beginning to play with my fingers and just stand there awkwardly. "Sorry." He mumbled meekly.

"Speak louder, people'll walk all over you if you continue like this, you'll be a push over." He said coldly. Izuku began to giggle, his hand making its way to his mouth. "Now you sound like Kacchan."

"Kacchan? That's a peculiar name. Who is she? You're girlfriend?" Pink soon dusted his cheeks as he shook his head violently.

"He's my best friend." His voice trailed off, his gaze now downwards.

What exactly were we now?

One minute I declared we were best friends, the next we're almost kissing.

"And what's a kid like you doing in the terminally ill section of the hospital?" He asked, taking a slight interest to the teenager that appeared in his room.

"What everyone else is doing here, being terminally ill." He answered while awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. The man eyes widened slightly, his fist clenching the plain white blanket that covered his lower half.

"How long?" The man was now looking out the window, the view was of the gardens. He saw many patients in wheelchairs accompanied by either nurses or family looked and smelled flowers of all kinds.

"A little bit less than a year." He answered.

"How about you?" The old man only shrugged his shoulders.

"Don't know."

He went up to the man and sat at the end of his bed. "My name is Izuku Midoriya. What's yours?"

"Toshinori."

"Toshinori, Yagi."