Band Practice

"There's no way I'm fucking singing ."

"Yes. Todoroki's too quiet. Mina can't multitask and our guitarist...she gets nervous enough as it is." Jirou had invaded the blonde's alone time during lunch time. No one dared to sit at the Bakugou table, yet here Jirou was, siping her milk without a care as onlookers talked. She couldn't care less. Flicking off the nearest table upon sipping from her apple juice. Katsuki smirked, he liked this girl's style. "We're gonna do a simple song today, but I think you should sing it. You talk like you have a singer's voice. Today practice is at my house since we're gonna work on the whole melody and what not. You're coming and hour early, k?" She began to pick at the blonde's food, grabbing the occasional fry every once in a while.

"No fucking way." Singing? In front of a live audience for his first performance ever? And possibly in front of Izuku?

"You know it's a nice song. You could sing it for Midoriya. Look at the lyrics, listen to the music. Besides Mina-san told me that your mom used to go on and on about your singing abilities. You've always wanted to serenade Izu-chan, no?" Damn his mother, he thought. Always blabbering about things he'd rather have kept to himself. She slid him the music sheets. "You can read music, right?"

"Of course not."

Jirou smiled. "All the more reason to come. You wanna impress Izu-chan, right?" He could already feel the grinding in his teeth.

"Don't call him that."

"As long as it's not Deku right?" And there it was, the 'bu-dump'. It was an unspoken rule, only Katsuki called him Deku. The fact that only the blonde did and no one else did made his heart swell.

"Right. Just know if Denki catches whiff of the nickname he'll cry if all he's got is sparky."

Jirou giggled. "Denki loves Sparky."

"I'm telling you," Katsuki fought back a smirk just thinking about the idiot, "he'll come whining in no time."

...

"Why won't you give me a cute nickname?" Jirou and Denki had been in study hall. The blonde just couldn't let it go. He had been bugging her for nearly half an hour. Study hall was songwriting time, and it was pretty hard to write a nice bridge for a chorus for when someone kept nagging. She owed the blonde 20 bucks.

"Sparky's a cute nickname." She finally answered, giving up entirely on the lyrics and setting it aside for the time being. Something would come to her later. Right now, she was burdened with a 'crisis'.

"But Izu-Chan's cuter!" He pouted.

"Sparky is cute. Plus I worked very hard on that nickname (not really she saw the streak and it stuck) Izu-chan isn't creative at all, but guess what? Sparky's not only cute...it's cool!" Denki paused for a moment, he had on his thinking face. He stoked his chin in the most serious way possible. It took all Jirou's might to hold in a laugh. His face constricted, lips pushing up and out in a serious pout. His honey eyes narrowed to the point of almost closing shut. He hummed one long monotonous hum as he wondered...was sparky really cool?

"Sparky..." He muttered.

"Is..."

"Cool!" It really wasn't. Yet, he smiled happily, throwing his hands in the air before wrapping them around his girlfriend.

"Sparky!" He rejoiced happily. Jirou couldn't help but roll her eyes. She smiled into his shoulder. She was truly dating a child. "Yes...Sparky." She answered back with a chuckle. He smiled setting his head on the desk, pushing the notebook forward.

"Proceed." She rolled her eyes, shaking her head with a smile. And just like that inspiration struck.

How could such a little spark ignite such a wildfire of feelings?