Chapter 56

Hello everyone! Just saying, with the last four episodes of Avatar upon us in the story, I AM SKIPPING some parts, I'm sorry but I'm sure most of you want to see the finale and I do to! I've been planning the end since the start of the book.

I stood next to Sokka as he pulled his wolf hat on.

We were currently trying to play out what taking down the Fire Lord would be like. Suki was next to me, a look of determination on her face. 

"Mwah-ha-ha-ha!" I hear in the distance and my eyes fall onto a blind girl who was having TOO much fun with this. Moving his hand, we engaged in our plan.

Katara and Zuko started off, with Suki, Sokka and I taking another path.

The three of us run along the terrain when suddenly a large boulder on fire is aimed at us. Suki quickly jumps over it, but Sokka stands in shock.

So, I jump in front of it and rip my hands to the sides, causing the rock to implode. "Watch it, Toph!" Sokka yells as we continue our plan.

"I am not Toph. I am Melon Lord! Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!" Toph cackles as she lights another rock on fire and sends it flying.

Brushing a piece of hair from my face, we continue on until we're in position.

"Now Aang!" I scream, causing Aang to fly out on his glider. All seems good, he shifts so the glider is ready to slam into the Melon Lord.

Yet I see it. His face turns from rage into a pained expression and he stops his attack.

"What are you waiting for? Take him out!" Zuko yells, but Aang just backs up.

He doesn't want to kill the Fire Lord. My eyes look at him as he backs away. "I can't" he says shaking his head. 

"What's wrong with you? If this was the real deal, you'd be shot full of lightning right now." Sokka grumbles, walking up to Aang.

"Sokka" I warn, but he ignores me.

"I'm sorry, but it just didn't feel right. I didn't feel like myself." Aang says, making me step up to him. I might like to attack, but I could never see myself killing someone, the pain of my parents death was strong, and I never want to inflict that upon someone.

Walking up, Sokka tabs the watermelon with a knife "There, that's how it's done" he growls before walking off.

I place a comforting hand onto Aang's shoulder, but his head is hung low. "I'm sorry Aang" I whisper as we both trail behind the others.

"I just can't take his life" Aang sighs, his eyes pained "It's not how the monks taught me, the others don't understand."

I pat his shoulder, my mind drawing a blank on how to help him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------