38. Gravity

Darlyn and Alfonso arrived at the hotel that he was staying at. Luckily for him, Courtney was out at the spa, so there was no way for both girls to run into each other. He helped her with her bag and headed up towards the elevator. "Don't worry Darlyn, everything will be alright." He put his arm around her shoulder, to comfort her. He led the way towards his room and opened the door. Darlyn slowly went inside and after a while he told her that she could take a seat.

"Do you want to watch TV?" Darlyn looked up at him with a broken heart look in her eyes.

"Actually, yeah." He picked up the remote and changed it to Fox, where The X Factor was showing. "Oh my gosh. I forgot that it was on today." Her face lit up as she watched the contestants sing and perform their heart out. "I still can't believe that I met Simon back at my audition."

"He was somewhat harsh, wasn't he?"

"Not really. Not like other times that I have seen him on TV." Alfonso had made some popcorn, which Darlyn thanked him for. "Whoa, I love that couple. Alex & Sierra. They sing amazing covers."

"Really?"

"Yeah, they make the song sound so original that it makes you forget about the main version." They were currently singing the song Gravity by Sara Bareilles. They were both on stage that had lines with light bulbs on them and a gold color type of light; Sierra was wearing a white dress showing a little leg, while Alex wore some light gray jeans and a nice button up shirt.

(Alex): Something always brings me back to you.

It never takes too long.

No matter what I say or do I'll still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone.

(Sierra): You hold me without touch.

You keep me without chains.

I never wanted anything so much than to drown in your love and not feel your reign.

(Sierra):Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.

Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.

But you're on to me and all over me.

(Alex:) I live here on my knees as I try to make you see that you're everything I think I need here on the ground.

(Sierra:) But you're neither friend nor foe though I can't seem to let you go.

The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down.

(Alex):Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to (Both:) fall another moment into your gravity.

(Alex:) Here I am as I stand (Both:) so tall, (Alex:) just the way I'm supposed to be.

(Both:) But you're on to me (Alex:) and all over me.

(Sierra) Something always brings me back to you.

It never takes too long.

Darlyn felt so touched by the lyrics, that she felt the urge to cry even more. She burried her face into her knees. "What's wrong Darlyn?" Alfonso asked as he placed his hand on her back.

She nodded her head saying no. She then thought to herself: I don't think I'm over him. I told you so! Be quiet, this song and the arrangement of Alex & Sierra made me realize it. So what are you gonna do? I don't know. But one thing's for sure, I'm not going to do anything stupid that I regret. Okay, don't kiss him, you know unless you wanna. No thanks, I'm still with Logan even though I'm mad at him. Okay, whatever floats your boat honey. Stop talking that way. Okay I gotta stop leaving him hanging before he thinks anything.