52. The Way

Several weeks later

Darlyn had thought about doing a benefit concert for kids who dreamed of becoming artists one day. All of the profits were going to go to the music programs around the world. There were going to be many artists, including the guys. But instead of singing as a group, they were going to sing with their own love. She was also about to release her album in the near future.

Darlyn was currently backstage with everyone as they huddled together. "So guys, are we ready for this?"

"Yeah," the girls said.

"Of course!" the guys said.

They all stood forming a circle and their hands met in the middle, "Aright then, let's do this, 1, 2, 3, let's go!!!" Everyone got their instruments and prepared to perform.

Logan met up with Darlyn since they were the first up. "This was an amazing idea babe," he said, as he stared at her.

She was busy checking the microphone. "Well, you know how much I love music. And everyone should get a chance to fulfill their dreams."

"Yup." He stepped closer to her and caressed her cheek. "Just like me."

"Exactly, you got to be in a boyband. Therefore why shouldn't..."

"Shh." He put his finger on her lips. "I'm not talking about the band..." He grabbed both of her hands and said, "I'm talking about you."

Darlyn knew what he was talking about and smiled at him. He smiled back to her and his dimples showed up. Darlyn then hugged him, while laying her head on his shoulder. "And sometimes, the dream takes you somewhere even better."

"So... my arms are a better place than your dream of singing?" Logan said sarcastically, with a little laugh in the end.

Darlyn giggled a bit. "Yeah they are. Even if they are a bit 'un-fit,' haha."

"Hey!" Logan lifted his head up and looked at her with a sad face. "What does that mean?"

"Nothing Logie..." Then on the TV screen of the stage it showed Sophie. She was getting the chance of a lifetime by presenting the crew. She was wearing a beautiful light blue blouse, with skinny, navy blue jeans, and platform shoes.

"How is everyone tonight? Good, good. Glad that you are all here to support the up and coming musicians. Remember that all sales and profits made tonight shall go to schools all over the US to support their music programs, such as choir or band. The following performers are excited to sing for you guys and you'll be in store for a lot of surprises." The crowd continued to clap and cheer. "Okay, now the first performers most of you should know them. She is the star of the newest show, ItGirl, and he is from one of the most popular boybands ever. Here to sing their new song, for the very first time live, The Way are Darlyn Rodriguez and Logan Henderson." Sophie ran off the stage and patted both of them on their backs, "Good luck love birds."

"Thanks," they both said. They got on light-less stage and had their backs to the audience. Then the music started to play.

(Logan turned around and pointed his finger up while singing)

Logan: (What we gotta do right here is go back, back to the top.)

Darlyn: I love the way you make me feel

I love it, I love it

I love the way you make me feel

I love it, I love it