0.5

Emma's P.OV.

6:42 A.M.

Curling up tighter in the blanket, I rolled over onto my side. Only to roll right off the couch. "AH." My scream loud in the quiet room I was in.

This isn't my house. Where is my bed? Where am I?

Sitting up, I heard a door open and a scurry of feet. Looking up to a new face, I began to scream louder than I've ever screamed before. A panic look crossed the mans face, and his eyes bulged out.

Frantically waving his arms, "wait it's okay. My names Anthony." But quickly realized his efforts were futile as my screams only got louder.

I'm really dizzy. I need to breathe soon.

"KRIS!" The man screamed. Shocked at the loud noise, I jumped, and began to back up as fast as I could while scooting on my butt.

Another rush of footsteps, drew my eyes away from the stranger to land on, KB. My screams diminished to nothing and my breathing came in labored gasps, as I sucked in air.

Pushing the other man out of the way, KB kneeled in front of me and put out his arms. Springing to my feet, I jumped into them and wrapped my arms and legs around his body as tight as I could.

"It's alrighty cutie, it's just KB and Anthony." KB told me. After a few minutes my breathing returned to normal and I had loosened my arms from around his neck.

"I'm sorry KB." I whispered and looked down in shame.

He probably hates me now

"It's okay sweetheart." Kris said and slowly pulled away from me. Reaching out he grabbed Anthony by the arm, and pulled him down to my height level. "This is Anthony Rizzo, my best friend. Besides you of course."

I giggled as he winked at me, while Anthony feigned hurt. "Ant." I said while smiling. KB's booming laughter, made me giggle.

Nodding, "That can work. You can call me Ant, or Riz, or whatever works for you." Anthony gently said.

Riz and KB. My new best friends.

"What's your name?" KB gently asked me, while grabbing my hands.

"My name is Emma." I responded proudly, and swung KB and my hands back and forth.

"Alrighty Emma, what I wanna know is how you ended up in my car?" KB asked while making a silly face at me.

Slowly I remembered what happened at my house yesterday. I let go of KB's hands and put my arms at my side. "My dad, if you would call him that, brought home a lady named Amanda and told me to go away. But I didn't and I said his name, and he got made and hit me." I said while pointing to my face. "And then I ran. I left my house and went towards the flashing lights. When I got there, I saw the gate and went through. I went to the car that looked like the one my dad has. But it was locked, so I just turned around and pulled the car next to it." Shrugging my shoulders, I continue. "So I scrambled in because it was cold and raining, and I just wanted to sleep. I'm sorry."

KB's gently hand reached out and lifted my chin so I had to look him in the eye. "You, Emma are the bravest little girl I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I am so glad that you found a safe place in my car, because now I am going to give you a safe place to live for a while until we settle this problem with your dad. Okay Emma?" His eyes look directly at me, waiting for my answer.

"Okay KB. Thank you, and I'm sorry for screaming at you Riz." I say while smiling. Riz leans forward smiling and looks at KB. Both of them nod and smile and hold out their arms for me. Jumping forward, I leap into their arms and squeeze. After a few seconds Riz's arms remove themselves and I wind up fully in KB's arms.

"C'mon Emma Bear, let's get some breakfast. You, Riz, and me have to go to Wrigley Field later. Sound good?" He questions me. Nodding rapidly, he chuckles and stands up.

"KB!" I squeal and wrap my arms around his neck in order to keep from falling. I could feel his laughter throughout his chest. Looking up from his shoulder, I smile at Riz who's doing something on his phone.

Setting me down on the counter, KB walks over to his fridge and looks in. "Do you like bagels?" His muffled voice asks.

"Uh, I've never had one." KB freezes and Riz drops his phone in shock.

Oh no. Did I upset them?

"Oh my gosh, you are having a bagel right now. Probably only half because you are teeny tiny but still it's a bagel." KB mutters to himself as he rapidly moves around his kitchen preparing food for the three of us. It only takes a few minutes before he has food spread out all over the counter.

"Here take this, Em." Riz tells me while handing me a bagel. As I open my mouth and begin to take a bite. "CAREFUL ITS HOT." He cries out making me drop my bagel. Giggling I watch Riz jump around fanning his mouth. Cautiously picking up my bagel, I blow on it, and take a bite.

Oh my gosh. Where have these been all my life?

"I think she likes it Rizzo." KB chuckles after watching my reaction. "Alright man, and Emma, I'm gonna go change and then we can head to Wrigley."

"What's Wrigley?" I pipe up. Two shocked look at me. Embarrassed I look down at my lap.

"Emma bear, you are in for the best day of your life!" KB states, making me look up. Smiling, KB walks over and ruffles my hair, and whispers, "don't worry Emma, you'll love it."

Slowly nodding, I whisper back, "As long as I'm with you and if you give me more bagels, I'm sure I will." With that KB smiles and walks to his room, and I take a bite of my bagel smiling as well.

I can't wait to go to Wrigley!

Happy Thursday friends! No school for me tomorrow, so I'll update again! Thank you guys for reading it this far. This chapter isn't that good but don't worry it'll get better. If you couldn't tell, I changed the dads name to Mike, just seemed to flow better. THANKS FOR READING ONCE AGAIN! lemme know if you have any suggestions!