3.1

Emma's P.O.V.

7:45 A.M.

"Forty eight hours until the private court case between Kris Bryant and Mike Yorke. This case is for custody of a little girl, who has been seen with the Chicago Cubs team of the last few days. That's all for now. I'm Scott Van Pelt and you're watching sports center." I clicked off the tv and looked around the apartment.

Can't wait...

"Almost ready to go Emma?" KB asked walking back into the living room carrying his baseball bag.

"Yep, are you sure that it's warm enough to wear shorts and a tshirt? I mean yesterday we wore heavy coats." I asked him grabbing onto his outstretched hand.

"Trust me, I walked outside today to feel the temperature and it's like a heat wave arrived in Chicago in the middle of April. I'm not gonna complain though. But we gotta hustle if we want to make it Wrigley on time. Let's go princess." He picked me up as he decided that taking the elevator would take to long.

"Don't trip!" I squealed as he bounded down the steps two at a time. He laughed and saluted me causing him to stumble but catch himself on the railing.

"Okay, I think I'm gonna listen to you now." He smiled as he changed to going down one step at a time.

"Wow. It really is warm out here. But not as warm as Florida." I commented as he carried me to the car.

"Definitely not as warm as Florida." He repeated. "So how does going to Rizzo's house after the game sound?" KB asked as he buckled me in.

"Sounds fun!" I shouted over the radio as he started his car.

Never seen Riz's house before.

"His parents are in town so you can meet them. They are the nicest people I've ever met I think. And his house has the best basement ever. Flat screens, recliners and gaming consoles. It's fabulous. I can't wait till we have that one day." He kept going on and on but I tuned everything out after he said that.

I can't wait till we have that one day.

"What are you smiling about?" He questioned me looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"Just thinking about the movie from last night! I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind. He held up his index finger indicating me to wait. "What are you-" I began but was cut off.

"The snow glows white on a mountain night. Not a footprint to be seen.
A kingdom of isolation.
And it looks like I'm the queen."

"Turn it up turn it up!" I yelled, before singing the lyrics.

"Don't let them in. Don't let them see. Be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know. Well now they know!" I stopped and listened as I heard a dying cow.

Wait that's KB singing?

"Thank goodness we arrived. I couldn't handle hearing you sing for any longer." I pretended to kiss the ground as he helped me out of the car.

"Hey that's not funny. My mom says I have a lovely voice." He gently throws me over his shoulder and walks into the clubhouse.