3.0

Kris's P.O.V.

7:19 P.M.

"So that's exactly how you met Emma for the first time?" Graham asked me for the fourth time.

"Yes I'm one hundred percent positive that's exactly how I met her." I retorted back growing tired of the same questions.

BANG. I stood up as fast as humanly possible. "What was that?" I asked my voice raising.

"Just a door slamming shut probably." He casually shrugged not showing any interest. Shaking my head I opened the door and peered out.

"Emma bear?" I called out upon seeing her standing in the hallway alone. "Cutie why are you crying?" I scooped her up and rested her in my arms.

What happened in there?

She didn't answer because she was crying. "Graham, I'll call you tomorrow morning. We need to leave now, thank you for seeing us." I announced as I strode out the office door.

"Can we get some food and then go to bed please?" Her quiet voice startled me as I put her in the car.

"Of course anything you want. How about we get some cheese pizza from the pizzeria across from the apartment." She nodded in agreement, wiping a few strays tears as well.

"Alright to pizza we go!" I called out, as I pressed the gas.

******

"So how's the pizza?" I asked Emma before taking a sip of my water.

"Yummy! Almost as good as the mac and cheese you make." She giggled before taking another bite of the pizza.

Here goes nothing.

"So how was your meeting with Miss. Ashley?" I questioned giving her all of my attention.

She immediately stopped smiling. "It was okay."

"Are you sure? You seemed pretty upset." I pointed out to her.

"Are you using me for this thing Miss. Ashley called publicity?" She looked up at me with her bright eyes staring into mine.

"Of course not. That's ridiculous!" I exclaimed growing frustrated.

How dare that woman accuse me of using Emma bear for publicity.

"She asked if you had bought me stuff and I said yes, then she tried asking me if you were using me for publicity. I didn't want to respond so I left the room." She explained to me.

"Emma listen to me very closely. I would never ever use you for publicity. Nobody on the team would ever use you for publicity. We all love you so much. And then there's me. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I love falling asleep at night knowing that you are safe and comfortable. I love when your hair tickles my face in the morning, which wakes me up. I love the fact that when you are having a nightmare, we can talk about it and then forget it. And then the list goes on for miles." She smiled at me, "how about we go back to the apartment and watch a movie?" I ask while signaling for the check.

"Sure and can we play twenty questions? Dex was talking about it the other day." I gave her a nod and signed the check.

"Alright hold on tight. It's cold outside and I'm just gonna make a run for it." I tell her gathering her in my arms and walking out the door. "Hold on." I cry out as I sprint across the street and rush into the lobby.

"Howdy Kris and Emma." George called out walking over to us.

"Hey Georgey!" Emma shouted giving him a high five. "We are going to watch a movie!" She babbled on as we all walked over to the elevator.

"That sounds like fun. I'll see you two in the morning." He gave us a small bow as the elevator doors closed.

"What movie do you want to watch?" I asked Emma, flipping through Hulu. "Here how about you just look and choose one, I'll get started on some hot cocoa and popcorn." I handed her the remote before walking into the kitchen.

"Does Frozen sound good?" She turned her head to look at me waiting for my response.

"Of course, now milk or water in the hot chocolate?"

"Milk please." She called out before pressing play on the remote. The Disney intro came on making me smile. "Can I make a pillow fort?"

"Sure. Make it big enough for the both of us." I hollered back before placing the popcorn in the microwave. I grabbed two mugs and a giant bowl from the cabinets, as Emma ran back and forth between bedrooms and living room gathering pillows and blankets.

"All ready cutie. Woah I just see a pile of blankets and pillows." I smiled as I walked into the living room.

This will be a long clean up.

"Yeah I just threw them in a pile. So let's do rapid fire questions. You go first" She squealed as I sat down next to her.

"Favorite color?"

"Purple. Favorite animal?"

"Penguin. Favorite dessert?"

"Vanilla ice cream with sprinkles." She giggled making me smile. "Favorite movie?"

"Lilo and Stitch." I confessed tickling her sides. "Favorite place to go?" I asked even though I knew she didn't have a lot of answers.

"I liked the pool in Florida. Favorite color?"

"Blue, just the color of your eyes. Next favorite person on the team besides me?" I gave her a smirk.

"Uh it's a tie between Riz and Addy and Jakey and Rossy. Ah I love them all but I love you the most. Favorite snack?"

"Cosmic brownies, but don't you dare tell Richard. He'll give me a huge lecture about eating healthy. Favorite food besides mac and cheese?"

"Bagels, but not when Riz burns them. Lets watch the movie!" She exclaimed noticing it had started.

Smiling I make myself comfortable and then grab her and place her in my lap. "This hot cocoa is really good KB." She whispered never taking her eyes off of the tv. Giving her a quick kiss on the head I turn my attention to the movie just in time to see a little reindeer run through the snow.

I couldn't imagine spending my night any other way.

Kinda short chapter but it needed to be included. Just some more info about Kris and Emma. Thanks for reading :) sorry it also took a little bit longer to update, I got a concussion playing tennis yesterday and I've been a little out of it haha. Let me know what you think.