0.8

Kris's P.O.V.

10:58 A.M.

Smiling I watched Emma turn back around and go off with Dexter. Lowering my hands from their heart shape, I turn back around to my cubby getting ready for batting practice.

I love you KB. She said it. And I said it back because she's the most adorable little girl ever. I need to figure out how to resolve the situation with Mike.

"Ay man. Have you been listening to me at all?" Rizzo's voice breaks me from my train of thought. Shaking my head no, he sighs and starts over. "Look at this picture I took man." Holding up his phone I saw Emma and myself hugging and smiling at each other.

Wow, I don't think I've ever been this happy.

"Wow. Can you send that to me?" Laughing he points at my phone which already had the message notification popping up. "Thanks man. I appreciate it."

"So are you gonna go to talk to Maddon, about your situation?" Sighing, I nod again. "Don't worry he won't be mad or anything he will help you out." He quickly tells me after noticing my apprehensive state.

"You are right nothing to be worried about." I try to sound confident but my voice falters at the end. Clapping Rizzo on the back, I head over to the bathroom and change into my baseball points and a loose long sleeve Cubs warm up shirt. Nodding at the mirror, I walk back out.

Oh my god.

Stopping at the sight in front of me, I see everyone freeze as well. Suddenly a roar of laughter erupts and everyone is dying. Emma took Javier's helmet and put it on her head, but wasn't expecting it to weigh that heavy. She was standing on a table, when all of the sudden she fell backwards and smacked the helmet on the table. Everyone froze when that happened, but relaxed when we saw Emma giggling and slipping off the helmet and sitting up. Still laughing, I go back over to my cubby and throw my clothes in there.

"BATTING PRACTICE NOW!" Maddon's voice rings out from the top of the dugout. Everyone scurries over to their cubby's and grabs the stuff they will need and makes their way over to the dugout steps.

"No Dex, I can't go up there. I need KB with me." I hear Emma cry out. Stopping in my tracks, I turn to my left and see Emma squirm out of Dexters hand and look around for me.

"Emma bear." I call out to her, letting her know where I am. Instantly she turns left and her eyes light up when she sees me. I can feel all the guys around me stopping and letting everything infold in front of them.

"KB!" She shrieks as she runs at me, the hat on the top of her head flopping back and forth as it's too big for her. When she gets within a few feet of me, she holds out her arms. Instinctively, I reach out and lift her up. Each of us wrapping our arms around each other, I can feel her relax in my arms. "I couldn't find you and Dex wanted me to go outside, but I said no because I needed to go with you." She rambles on.

She needed to go with me.

Smiling at her, I calm her down whispering "It's okay EB, I'm right here. We gotta head up now is that okay?" I feel her shake her head up and down. "Alright it might be a little chilly so if you need a jacket let me know okay?" Once again her little blonde head shakes up and down. Smiling I look up from her and begin walking to the stairs.

Everyone's whispering to each other?

Shrugging it off, I carry Emma up to the dugout, and then up onto the field. "Hey Emma look sweetie. This is where KB works." Her head spins around and I shift her so she can look out at the field more comfortably.

"Wow. It's really pretty here." She whispered in awe.

Yeah it really is pretty.

"Kris, you are third in line for the cage." Maddon's voice calls out. Nodding I walk over to him. "And now who might this little munchkin be?" He asks referring to the little bundle of joy I have wrapped in my arms.

"This is Emma. She will be staying with me for a while." I smile while telling him this. He gives me a questioning look but I give him a look of my own, meaning I'll tell him later. Turning to Emma, "Hey I gotta go bat soon so can you stay with Maddon and then when Riz is done he can come over and stay with you, is that okay?"

"Sounds good KB!" She replied as I set her down. Leaning down I kiss the top of her head and wave to her as I walk towards the batting cage.

"Kris, I don't think I've ever seen you this happy." Addison tells me while I grab my bat.

I don't think I've ever been happier.

"Yeah Addison I don't really know what to say besides you are pretty much correct." Looking back at Maddon and Emma laughing and chasing each other, I smile.

Alright maybe I can talk to Maddon later.

"Kris you're up." Rizzo calls out. Nodding I tear my gaze from Emma.

"Hey man, mind going over there soon?" I question. He nods immediately.

Time to focus.

Stepping into the cage, I let Arrieta throw a pitch and I unload on it.

Here we go!

THANKS FOR READING GUYS! Lemme know what you think! Obviously it'll get better! Just some filler chapters