4.9

Emma's P.O.V.

4:52 P.M.

"Guys please remember that the charity event begins at eight tonight, so you have time clean up and look nice. And Dexter you do not need to wear the shiniest shoes known to man." Joe added as the plane slowly rolled to a stop.

"What am I wearing?" I tugged on KB's arm making him look down at me.

"We have to go to the store, so we can just go leave right from here." He looked down at his watch, "but we will have to hurry because we will have to arrive before eight. So I would say we have less than an hour at the store."

"Ooh what store are we going to?" Riz walked up behind us and put his arm on my head.

"Haven't decided yet, we need to find this little one a dress." KB stated pulling out his keys and swinging them in a circle.

"Why can't I just wear shorts and a sweatshirt?" I mumbled earning a few laughs causing me to grow more frustrated.

"Come on let's go princess." I was lifted up from the seat and placed on Riz's back. Turning my legs up and around his stomach I clutched my hands together in order to not fall.

"So what color dress do you want to look for?" KB asked, as I craned my neck and tried to look at him.

"I love the Chicago Cubs blue. So maybe something along that line." I shrugged my shoulders and watched us walk throughout the airport. Managing to survive the crowd of fans, KB and Riz both threw the luggage in the trunk and helped me buckle the car seat.

"Now off to the mall!" KB pretended to flip hair back and clapped excitedly. Giggling I put my hair down and actually flip it behind my shoulders.

"Jam time!" Riz called out before cranking up the radio blasting the music. After a painfully loud twenty minute car ride we walked through the doors of the mall.

"Kids section is that way." I pointed to my left as KB helped me read the sign. Running ahead I turned into the first store to only walk right back out.

Wrong direction.

"Correction. The kids section is that way." I pointed to my right and walked back to my dad and Riz who were clutching their stomachs laughing.

"Remind us to never let you navigate." Riz muttered out as he took deep breaths calming himself. Shaking my head I stayed in line with them and entered a store that looked nice.

"Hi there I'm Abbey, what can I do for you?" A short brown haired woman came up to us.

"Uh we need a dress for a charity event that we are going to tonight." KB explained as I stood there looking around the store.

"Well here at Crazy Eight, we accept people as they are. And you two gentlemen have a very cute daughter." She waved us along to the dresses.

"No sorry we aren't toget-" Riz shut up when KB jabbed him in the gut.

"Oh I just love my dads. They protect me and everything. I've never been happier." I giggled trying to sound honest. Hearing a snort, I turned only to watch Riz leave the store laughing.

"Alrighty then, what color would you like to try on?" Abbey asked squatting down to my eye level holding up different colored dresses.

"Blue please!" My eyes widened as she unveiled the dress.

Or should I say princess gown?

Smiling I grabbed it from her and walked into the changing room. Slipping off my shirt and jeans, I pulled the blue fabric over my head and rustled it into place. "It's perfect." I whispered as I looked at my reflection.

"Come on already. I want to see." KB whined causing me to giggle and walk out of the door dramatically. The top part was form fitted until my legs where a giant blue tutu like material fluffed out and spilled all around me.

"Like it?" I asked spinning it a circle. Giving me a thumbs up, I quickly change while he pays. Handing him the dress, we walk out of the store after saying goodbye to Abbey and search for Riz.

"Honestly I think you should be an actress. Man the way you made up that lie right then and there was awesome." He high fived me as we walked up to his table in the food court.

"Time to go guys. We have less than an hour to arrive." KB pointed at his watch as we hurried out of the mall and back to the car.

**********

"So all we have to do is smile for a few pictures then we go inside okay?" I nodded back at KB as the car pulled up to the press area. Opening the door, he helped me out of the car and smoothed out his tux. Waving to a few fans, we walked for a little bit before stopping when a lady held up her hand.

"You will be taking pictures for a few minutes then you have to talk to reporters for a few more. Then after all that, go inside and have fun!" She gave us a strained smile before telling the same thing to the person behind us.

"Come on." I walked alongside Kris until I let go of his hand and let him take pictures. I giggled watching him turn left and right smiling for different photographers.

"Can Emma join you for one?" Someone in the crowd asked earning a nod from him. Motioning me forward, I stopped in front of him and smiled. Kneeling down next to me, we both smiled for a few seconds until the lady waved us to the reporters.

"Kris over here please." Three people called out to him causing him to falter his footsteps.

"I'll be right back." He held up his index finger and walked over to the first. Walking up to Joe, I gave him a small wave to which he returned.

"So have you gone inside yet?" He asked and raised his eyebrows in shock as I shook my head. "It's amazing in there, and there's a surprise for you and Kris. So go tell him to hurry up." He chuckled before nudging me back.

"Ready?" KB grabbed my hand and thanked the reporters for their time. Walking up to the door, you could see balloons everywhere. As we entered the building a few people rushed over to us.

"You will sit at table three. Please head over there now and get settled before mingling." We didn't have time to agree as a hostess navigated us to our table.

"We are with Riz, Dex, and Addy. Well also a few people I don't know but still." I finished as I walked around the table finding my spot.

"Kris sweetheart!" A warm voice called out snapping his attention up.

"Mom and Dad! Why are you here?" He met his mom and gave her a huge hug before turning to his dad and delivering the same.

"Oh we got invited but wanted to make it a surprise. Now please let us meet Emma. We've been dying to ever since we heard you gained full custody!" His mom grinned at him as he motioned me over.

"Mom and Dad this is Emma. Emma this is pretty much grandma and grandpa." Him and his parents all laughed simultaneously causing me to break out in a grin.

"Hi I'm Emma." I gave them a shy wave and then looked back down at my hands.

"How about we go talk about some fun stuff while Kris and his dad go talk to the Rizzo's?" Mrs. Bryant reached out for my hand.

"I'd love to!" I giggled taking it and walking to the table with her. Before sitting down I gave KB a wave and then focused my attention back on Mrs. Bryant.

"So tell grandma everything about her only granddaughter she's going to spoil." She smiled as I giggled at her.

I can already tell I'm going to love his parents.

Sorry for the later update. I had to take a test for school, but she might his parents, yaya hope you guys have a good Monday. Thanks for reading :))