4.2

Kris's P.O.V.

3:19 A.M.

"What the heck is that ungodly sound?" I muttered fluttering my eyes open. Gently moving Emma's sleeping body off me, I reach over and slam the alarm snooze button down.

I have fifteen minutes to get ready.

Heaving a sigh, I throw off the covers and walk into the bathroom. Turning the light on, I squint at the mirror. Lifting my shirt up, I see a massive bruise on the right side extending from the top of my hit to the middle of my ribs.

Thanks Rizzo really appreciate that.

Shaking my head I walked into Emma's room and grab her suitcase before walking back into my room and grabbing my own duffel. Walking over to the bed I knelt down and gently poked Emma's side. "C'mon sleepy head. It's time to wake up." I whispered.

"Dad five more minutes please." She murmured before rolling over facing me. Silently laughing, I pick her up and place her in my arms. "Can I grab my stuffed animal before we leave?" Nodding to her I walk over to her bedroom door and place her on the floor.

"I'll be back in two minutes, I'm gonna run down to the car and put out bags in the trunk." I tell her before switching the light on so she can see around her room.

"Okey dokey." She walked to the first bag and peered in before shaking her head and moving onto the next one. Taking one last glance at her, I rush into my room and grab the luggage. Running down the stairs I see Rizzo sitting on the couch watching Sports Center.

"Howdy there." He waved at me before returning his gaze to the TV. Shaking my head confused I jog out to my car and place the bags in the back on top of Rizzo's.

How did he get into my car?

"I don't even want to know." I immediately told him walking back into the living room, only to notice he wasn't there.

"Are you ready to go to Colorado munchkin?" I heard him walking down the stairs.

"I'm ready to go back to sleep." Emma's angry voice retorted back. Finally stepping into the living room I see Emma wrapped up in a Cubs blanket holding a stuffed moose wearing a shirt. "Hey KB do you like my animal I got yesterday? I got a stuffed moose because Moose is my friend but then I put a Cubs jersey on him because you play for the Cubs. I'm really tired and hungry but I think I'm gonna go to sleep." She trailed off at the end and fell back asleep.

"All set then?" Rizzo's cheerful voice made me look up at him and squint.

How on earth is he so happy at this time of day.

"I'm driving." We both called out simultaneously. Reaching into my pocket I pulled out the keys and dangled them on his face.

"Fine not like I wanted to drive anyways." He muttered before walking out of the house. Putting my sweatshirt on, I followed him making sure the front door was locked before getting in the car.

Looking in the rear view mirror, I saw him buckling Emma in and then himself. Putting the car into drive I pulled out of the driveway and drove to the airport in silence.

"That was the most boring ride of my life." I told Rizzo while placing Emma in my arms. He nodded in agreement as we began walking to the plane. Placing our luggage on the conveyor belt, we walked up the stairs to door of the plane.

"Wow you guys aren't the last ones for once." Maddon chuckled before waving us onto the plane.

"We are not normally last." I tried protesting but was laughed at by all the guys including Rizzo. "Okay whatever maybe we are last." I laughed with the guys as I walked over to my seat.

Sitting down in my normal spot I was surprised when Addison launched himself into the seat next to me. "I forgot a blanket and saw that you two had a pretty large one." He confessed making me raise my brow at him.

"Whatever man." I shrugged my shoulders at him as I placed Emma on my chest. Wincing slightly, I grabbed the blanket and placed it over the three of us. Taking a few deep breaths I slowly closed my eyes and felt myself drifting off.

************

"And I thought Bryzzo was a thing." Someone very far away called out.

"I think it's now Brussel or maybe Braddison. Oh god that's a hilarious picture please post it on twitter." Lightly shaking my head, I opened my eyes and saw Addison's head on my shoulder. Looking down I saw Emma sprawled out over both our laps, using her moose as a pillow.

"Show me the picture please." I whispered trying not to disturb the other two. Slipping my hand up from under the blanket, I grabbed Rizzo's phone before snorting. In the picture I had my head resting on Addison's and his arm was on my chest, with Emma still resting on both of us.

"Pretty sure some of our fans are gonna die looking at this. Oh by the way the game was postponed till seven fifteen tonight, it was raining all night and morning there." Rizzo sat down across the aisle and looked at me.

"Well then we should go hiking, it'll be a good warm up and I want to see some of the views from the top of the mountains." I reached up and stretched my arm feeling all the pins and needles slowly going away.

"I'm down. Pretty sure the other guys are in also." Dex exclaimed popping up in between us, making me jump in my seat. I quickly looked back at Addison and Emma making sure they didn't stir.

"How long till we land?" I asked, hoping someone would be able to tell me. Turning my head, everyone just shrugged at me or shook their head.

"Another two hours I think." Maddon called out. Groaning I place my arm back inside the warmth of the blanket.

Well I'm just gonna go back to sleep now.

"Really you're just gonna fall asleep again? That's not fair, why are you always able to fall asleep just like that?" Rizzo complained crossing his arms.

"Well what works best for me, is to take deep breaths and stop complaining. Got it?" I death glared him until I couldn't hold my laughter in anymore.

"I liked you better when you were asleep." He muttered before spreading out over both seats and placing his legs over my thighs. "Oh I can so fall asleep in this position. Good night world." He whispered as he shut his eyes.

Thank goodness it's finally quiet.

Angling my head so it was resting on Addison's, I closed my eyes and took a few more deep breaths. Suddenly my eyes opened as Emma crawled over and sat on Rizzo's legs and rested her head on my stomach. She clutched her moose in her right hand and held part of the blanket in the other.

"So taking a picture of this." Maddon's voice called out, as I closed my eyes evening out my breathing.

Slow chapter today but just adding in some scenes, thanks for the 10k guys! It means a lot, thanks for reading :))