4.5

Emma's P.O.V.

3:12 P.M.

"Come on Addy! Let's go race." I grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the trainers room.

"Emma, Kris is going to yell at us. I told him we wouldn't leave." He tried protesting but gave up as I had stopped in the hallway.

"I bet I'm faster than you." I taunted crossing my arms and sticking my tongue out at him.

"Psh yeah right. The winner gets to-" he tried thinking of a prize and tapped his head.

"Gets to crack five eggs on the others head." I giggled and clapped my hands. Nodding his head in agreement we lined up side by side.

"All the way down?" He looked over at me and i gave him a thumbs up.

"Ready? Go!" I squealed and sprinted off down the hallway leaving him behind.

"That's cheating!" He cried out beginning to run after me. Giggling I kept running even though I could feel myself growing tired.

Gotta win.

"You're going to have to run faster than that if you want to win." He whispered as he came up right behind me. Smiling I turned around to face him but ended up tripping and flying through the air.

"Ah!" I screamed closing my eyes bracing myself for an impact that never came.

What the heck why didn't I hit the ground?

Looking up I stared at a man who had jet black hair who held me in his hands. "You okay there?" He asked me looking concerned.

"Uh I think so." I mumbled looking down at my hands.

"You have to promise not to tell Kris what just happened!" Addy opened his eyes wide and shook his head. "Oh god he's going to kill me. I'm a dead man." He began pacing around while I watched.

"So I take it you are the Emma Bryant that was all over the news?" The man asked causing me to turn my head and look at him.

"Yes I am Emma Bryant. And who might you be?" I asked looking at his purple sweatshirt.

"I'm Nolan Arenado. It's very nice to meet you." He continued to hold onto me as we both turned to look at Addy.

"So why are you here?" I leaned my head back onto his chest as I waited for his response.

"I'm here to play baseball, but I can see why you might be confused. I'm not in my uniform and purple is a very unusual color. But hey that's the Colorado Rockies for ya." Nolan began bouncing me around in his arms when he finished talking.

"Addison Wayne Russell, I swear when I find you, you're dead." KB's voice rang out causing Addy to freeze.

"I'm dead then aren't I?" He faced us as KB walked up behind him with Riz in tow.

"We need to have a chat right now." He spun Addy around and stalked off dragging him along.

"Hi there princess!" Riz held out his arms and I was passed to him by Nolan.

"Thanks man." He referred to me by holding me up in the air.

"Yeah thanks man." I mocked him but ended up giggling. "Bye Nolan!" I waved as we turned around and started walking back to the clubhouse.